• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Open Carry get together info

Michigander

imported post

Well that was fun. Met some new faces, and missed some old ones.

A brief re cap: Everyone that was there had plenty to eat. It was an open carry feast. As it turned out, there was a race for cancer or something like that, and many thousands of people came by. There were about half a dozen cops that came by, including one motorcycle officer that stayed on the corner to direct traffic away from the race for at least half the time we were there. No one, and I do mean no one, even mentioned anything about us OCing. The police didn't care, nor did the folks walking by.

It was lots of fun, and although I'm moving out of state, I'm going to be coming back to visit at some point, and I have every intention of trying to plan a trip to coincide with an OC meet. I look forward to the next one I see you guys and gals at. :cool:

harley2003rkc

imported post

Sorry I had to miss it guys. My weekend got destroyed and I'm just now trying to catch up. Glad to hear it went well. Now I gotta go listen to the Saturday Afternoon Shootout. I missed that too. :(

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thanks to all that attended and helped make this a fun time for all. We had about a dozen people attend. MY family had fun, my 13 year old daughter even said it "wasn't terrible" which is high praise indeed. Even thought the downtown was crowded with a cancer run that went along our street and parking was crowded it was fun and the weather was good. We even had our own motorcycle officer patrolling our street and the run route. He gave a ticket to someone that was parked along the run route (see photo). We always seem to have a good time when we get together.