• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Open Carry get together info

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

DATE: Sunday April 27th., 2008

TIME: Noon

WHERE: Reuttier Park, downtown Lansing.

You don't have to open carry if you don't want to. You can carry an open empty holster to show your support.

Bring a dish to share, your own tableware and beverages (no alcohol please). A lawn chair if you want. Friends and family are welcome. Also any other picnic games you want to engage in, catch, soccer balls, frisbee, playing cards. Mastiff mentioned bringing a small gas grill to cook dogs, etc. There are benches and picnic tables on site, but no covered areas so if it rains we may have to change plans.

Reuttier Park is a couple of blocks north of 469 with fairly easy on and off. I don’t know what we can do if it’s raining. Perhaps we can meet at a McDonald’s or something.

See this link for a color image of area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=42.730665&lon=-84.558545&mag=3&q1=Lansing%2C%20Michigan

General directions to Reuttier Park. The park is surrounded by E. Kalamazoo St. (northside), Capital Ave (eastside), E. Lenawee St. (southside), and Townsend St. (Westside). Off of 496 coming from the east take the Walnut St. exit north. Those coming from the west you can take the MLK Blvd. exit north off of 496. See map for details or check out the link above.

There ismeter parking surrounding the Park. I THINK parking is free on the weekends, but check any meters for times. Lansing is fairly dead during the weekend so parking and a lots of people should not be a problem. Also there are a lot of one way streets so be advised, if you miss a street you can generally go a couple of streets and loop back around. Lansing is pretty safe most anywhere during the day. After the meeting I would recommend any that wish to,go to the State Library/history museum it’s free and it’s a great place to learn about Michigan's history. Public Parking is available at the State Library/Museum, you may have to pay, (can’t remember if weekend days are free), but it’s fairly cheap. That lot is 4 blocks east of the Park.

Attached Image (viewed 89 times):

attachment.php

mastiff69

imported post

We will bring the gas grill two burner colman, if anyone else also has one it will make the cooking go faster!!!

(IF IF) it should rain does anyone have a canopy etc ?NOT that it will:lol:

WARCHILD

imported post

So Sorry guys: I have to pass on this one, guess you'll have to do without the beans. Blew the rear shocks on my truck and can't get them fixed till Sat or Sun, of that weekend. Promise I'll make them for the next one. You know what they say S**T HAPPENS. I just hate it always happening to me.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry my man, the shocks broke on my truck and I can't get them fixed till sat. a.m. I made a deal with my son, he fixes the shocks sat. and I would build his bed for him sun. I promise to make it up to you all.

Michigander

imported post

So Mastif has the grill, I've got the disposable table ware (and will get other things if needed), pbnationrc is bringing pop, so we still need meat and buns for whatever will be grilled, and condiments. Plus any other thing ya'll wanna bring.

Michigander

imported post

I'd bring my canopy, but a big storm finished it off.:( Although, I might have a lawn chair or 2 I can bring.

Anybody else have a canopy that you can bring?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

We are bringing some all beef hot dogs and buns/condiments, some chips, and girl scout cookies. We will also have on hand some paper plates/silverware/cups/ice and some garbage bags.

We need someone to bring side dishes likebeans or potato salad or something along these lines.

Forecast as of 1:00 pm today is for rain Sunday later afternoon and temps in the mid 50's, so if we miss the rain it should be a nice day. I'd bring some rain gear and a sweatshirt or light jacket. If it's raining bad we may have to go indoors of find a park with a gazebo or something.

If it's pouring rain before the event we may have to reschedule.

Michigander

imported post

Well I went out and got some disposable table ware, so I guess we'll have some extra. I'm also gonna go out and get the stuff to make a salad. I'll try to make a lot.