• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman survives gunshot right between the eyes.

Flintlock

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351472,00.html

TAMPA, Fla.— Doctors say it's amazing that a 41-year-old Tampa-area woman survived after someone shot her right between the eyes while she was riding in her boyfriend's pickup truck.[/b]

Doctors think she was hit with a .44-caliber bullet that broke in two pieces, each traveling under her skin and exiting behind her ears last weekend. She was released from the hospital hours later with just stitches.

The woman says two cars started following their truck Saturday night and the occupants began yelling at them.

At a traffic light, someone in one of the cars stood up in the sunroof and started shooting back at the truck.

Part of the bullet that hit the woman exited her head, went through the back window of the truck and hit a Jeep driving behind it.

Police are still looking for the shooter.

Erus

imported post

My ex-brother in law survived being shot with a black powder .44. It was held against the top/side of his head and did the same thing.. split in two, leaving a piece under/behind both his ears, like earrings.. He shot back after getting out of the headlock, unloading the five shots in hisblack powder .32, permanently disconnecting the (CONVICTED) guy's left arm controls. (cops said "nice grouping" at the scene.. all in the dime just above the guy's left nipple...)

He was later asked if he got religion after being shot/in a gunfight... his reply: "Nope, I got a bigger handgun." (a modern .45) He was an asshole, and I am glad my sister is not married to him anymore.. but this comment was pretty cool. ;)

Erus

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The woman says two cars started following their truck... At a traffic light, someone in one of the cars stood up in the sunroof and started shooting back at the truck.

Interesting .... did they pass the truck so they were in front of the truck at the light and shot back at them? Or did the occupants of the truck do something to cause something to happen "back" to them? Or is this just another incompetent reporter?

Huck

imported post

That woman needs to go to church and give thanks because there was a extra passenger in that vehicle looking out for her.

PT111

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
So the BG had shot placement AND caliber on his side. Tell me again about stopping power.

The reporter had it all wrong. She was hit twice with a .22 and the reporter just assumed in was once with a .44 that split into two parts. Just more ignorance by the media and has nothing to do with stopping power. :banghead:

Otherwise someone getting shot with a .44 and not having their head blown away would be impossible just like have a one stop shot with a .380.

expvideo

imported post

Erus wrote:
My ex-brother in law survived being shot with a black powder .44. It was held against the top/side of his head and did the same thing.. split in two, leaving a piece under/behind both his ears, like earrings.. He shot back after getting out of the headlock, unloading the five shots in hisblack powder .32, permanently disconnecting the (CONVICTED) guy's left arm controls. (cops said "nice grouping" at the scene.. all in the dime just above the guy's left nipple...)

He was later asked if he got religion after being shot/in a gunfight... his reply: "Nope, I got a bigger handgun." (a modern .45) He was an asshole, and I am glad my sister is not married to him anymore.. but this comment was pretty cool. ;)

Erus
How did he manage to get into a black powder gunfight? So let me get this straight, not only were both he and the attacker armed, they were both armed with black powder revolvers?

Erus

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Erus wrote:

Erus
How did he manage to get into a black powder gunfight? So let me get this straight, not only were both he and the attacker armed, they were both armed with black powder revolvers?
Oh easy.. it happened in 1860??? lmao just kidding:

Turns outhe and the shooterwere more than "roommates" they both happened to only own BP at the time... (several each I was told) and this wasin thier home...the.44 came out and was used duringa "spat", for lack of more delicate term... and ex BIL got to his .32 in the nightstand, and shot back. He was other things, it turned out, besides an asshole lol.... (hence the "ex" part of BIL.) The "gentleman" who shot first was convicted and is still serving for attempted murder.

When I was told the story (and I felt the lead in his neck, and read the police report) I was only told they were roommates. My sister knew the"rest of the story" and told me after the divorce about the ommission in it.

*shudder* but I still like the "bigger handgun" line. :)

Erus

41 Magnum

imported post

This doesn't sound quite right.

By the story line I am assuming that the car passed them first, then firedback at the truck.This means the bullet had to go through the windshield first, which would have affected it for sure. But split in two with enough energy to go through two more windows? But not enough to penetrate a skull?