Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Woman survives gunshot right between the eyes.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351472,00.html

    TAMPA, Fla.— Doctors say it's amazing that a 41-year-old Tampa-area woman survived after someone shot her right between the eyes while she was riding in her boyfriend's pickup truck.[/b]

    Doctors think she was hit with a .44-caliber bullet that broke in two pieces, each traveling under her skin and exiting behind her ears last weekend. She was released from the hospital hours later with just stitches.

    The woman says two cars started following their truck Saturday night and the occupants began yelling at them.

    At a traffic light, someone in one of the cars stood up in the sunroof and started shooting back at the truck.

    Part of the bullet that hit the woman exited her head, went through the back window of the truck and hit a Jeep driving behind it.

    Police are still looking for the shooter.
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Whoops. I wonder if it was a .44 special or a .44 magnum... Or if it ricocheted.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pahrump, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    261

    Post imported post

    My ex-brother in law survived being shot with a black powder .44. It was held against the top/side of his head and did the same thing.. split in two, leaving a piece under/behind both his ears, like earrings.. He shot back after getting out of the headlock, unloading the five shots in hisblack powder .32, permanently disconnecting the (CONVICTED) guy's left arm controls. (cops said "nice grouping" at the scene.. all in the dime just above the guy's left nipple...)

    He was later asked if he got religion after being shot/in a gunfight... his reply: "Nope, I got a bigger handgun." (a modern .45) He was an *******, and I am glad my sister is not married to him anymore.. but this comment was pretty cool.



    Erus

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    The woman says two cars started following their truck... At a traffic light, someone in one of the cars stood up in the sunroof and started shooting back at the truck.
    Interesting .... did they pass the truck so they were in front of the truck at the light and shot back at them? Or did the occupants of the truck do something to cause something to happen "back" to them? Or is this just another incompetent reporter?


    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  5. #5
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    That woman needs to go to church and give thanks because there was a extra passenger in that vehicle looking out for her.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    661

    Post imported post

    So the BG had shot placement AND caliber on his side. Tell me again about stopping power.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247

    Post imported post

    Dahwg wrote:
    So the BG had shot placement AND caliber on his side. Tell me again about stopping power.
    The reporter had it all wrong. She was hit twice with a .22 and the reporter just assumed in was once with a .44 that split into two parts. Just more ignorance by the media and has nothing to do with stopping power.

    Otherwise someone getting shot with a .44 and not having their head blown away would be impossible just like have a one stop shot with a .380.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,487

    Post imported post

    Erus wrote:
    My ex-brother in law survived being shot with a black powder .44. It was held against the top/side of his head and did the same thing.. split in two, leaving a piece under/behind both his ears, like earrings.. He shot back after getting out of the headlock, unloading the five shots in hisblack powder .32, permanently disconnecting the (CONVICTED) guy's left arm controls. (cops said "nice grouping" at the scene.. all in the dime just above the guy's left nipple...)

    He was later asked if he got religion after being shot/in a gunfight... his reply: "Nope, I got a bigger handgun." (a modern .45) He was an *******, and I am glad my sister is not married to him anymore.. but this comment was pretty cool.



    Erus
    How did he manage to get into a black powder gunfight? So let me get this straight, not only were both he and the attacker armed, they were both armed with black powder revolvers?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pahrump, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    261

    Post imported post

    expvideo wrote:
    Erus wrote:
    My ex-brother in law survived being shot with a black powder .44. It was held against the top/side of his head and did the same thing.. split in two, leaving a piece under/behind both his ears, like earrings.. He shot back after getting out of the headlock, unloading the five shots in hisblack powder .32, permanently disconnecting the (CONVICTED) guy's left arm controls. (cops said "nice grouping" at the scene.. all in the dime just above the guy's left nipple...)

    He was later asked if he got religion after being shot/in a gunfight... his reply: "Nope, I got a bigger handgun." (a modern .45) He was an *******, and I am glad my sister is not married to him anymore.. but this comment was pretty cool.



    Erus
    How did he manage to get into a black powder gunfight? So let me get this straight, not only were both he and the attacker armed, they were both armed with black powder revolvers?
    Oh easy.. it happened in 1860??? lmao just kidding:


    Turns outhe and the shooterwere more than "roommates" they both happened to only own BP at the time... (several each I was told) and this wasin thier home...the.44 came out and was used duringa "spat", for lack of more delicate term... and ex BIL got to his .32 in the nightstand, and shot back. He was other things, it turned out, besides an ******* lol.... (hence the "ex" part of BIL.) The "gentleman" who shot first was convicted and is still serving for attempted murder.

    When I was told the story (and I felt the lead in his neck, and read the police report) I was only told they were roommates. My sister knew the"rest of the story" and told me after the divorce about the ommission in it.

    *shudder* but I still like the "bigger handgun" line.

    Erus



  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    uTAH-life member: NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, ,
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    This doesn't sound quite right.



    By the story line I am assuming that the car passed them first, then firedback at the truck.This means the bullet had to go through the windshield first, which would have affected it for sure. But split in two with enough energy to go through two more windows? But not enough to penetrate a skull?





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •