• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lincoln, Catawba, and Iredell OC?

Bum454ss

imported post

Hi guys, great forum here. I came over from CarolinaShootersForum.com and have read alot of great info on this board. Anybody OC in Lincoln, Catawba, and Iredell on a regular basis. I just open carried today for the first time and only to fill up the wife's car but it was nice to exercise the right finally. I would like to OC on a regular basis but was wondering if any of you had firsthand experience in Denver on the west side of LKN and Mooresville as well as Hickory? Any city ordinance's I should know about? Thanks in advance for the great advice. I hope to pull some more member intrest to this from CSF.com as well and vice versa. See you around the boards.

burninsteeda04

imported post

This is Catawba

Sec. 22-61. Use prohibited and restricted. (a)It shall be unlawful to use a firearm for the purpose of terrorizing others or to use a firearm to the annoyance and danger of others. (b)It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge or fire any pistol, shotgun, rifle or other firearm of any description whatsoever on or from any public street or highway or the rights-of-way thereof or within 500 feet of a dwelling or of an outbuilding of a dwelling not owned by the person in the county. This subsection does not apply to any law enforcement officer engaged in official duty. (c)Exceptions to this section are as follows: (1)This section shall not be construed to prohibit: a.Any citizen from discharging a firearm when lawfully defending his person or property. b.Officers and enlisted personnel of the armed forces of the United States while in the discharge of their official duties and acting under orders requiring them to carry arms or weapons. c.Civil officers of the United States while in the discharge of their official duties. d.Officers and soldiers of the militia and the state guard when called into actual service. e.Officers of the state or of any county, city, or town charged with the execution of the laws of the state when acting in the discharge of their official duties. (2)This section shall not affect the operation of public or private firing ranges in existence on the effective date of the ordinance from which this section is derived. (3)This section shall not be construed to affect hunting regulated by the state wildlife resources commission and preempted by state law. (d)The possession of firearms or other weapons, concealed or otherwise, is prohibited in county buildings and workplaces, including the vehicles of employees when on official county business. However, this subsection shall not apply to federal, state, county or city law enforcement officers when acting in the discharge of their official duties. (e)Any person convicted of violating this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished in accordance with section 1-14. (Code 1995, § 315.01)

burninsteeda04

imported post

(a)It shall be unlawful to use a firearm for the purpose of terrorizing others or to use a firearm to the annoyance and danger of others.

This is what confuses me But just OC isnt for terrofying someone or to make it an annoyance,

I belive this is to curtail people shooting to piss their neighbors off or brandishing to freak people out. Maybe someone can explain this better

Bum454ss

imported post

That link is exactly what i needed. Thanks brother!

Edit: although Lincoln county and lincolnton are not on the list. Interesting...

Bum454ss

imported post

So am i to understand that if there are no firearm ordinances in effect at this point for Lincoln county that only state laws apply?

burninsteeda04

imported post

I believe so. Im not a lawyer but from what i have learned on this forum its not illegal to OC believe STATE V KERNER settled this one. and stated municipalities can only regulate the length of a pistol if it is going to be carried openly and think 6 inches is the min allowed for OC

burninsteeda04

imported post

All i can say is OC and see what happens. Chances are your going to get a second look but nothing more than that.