• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who has a can for their gun?

imported post

2 1/2 months later I'm still waiting for mine to come in. ordered an AAC evo 45. then gotta wait another 3-4 months. :cuss:

Agent 47

imported post

563 wrote:
2 1/2 months later I'm still waiting for mine to come in. ordered an AAC evo 45. then gotta wait another 3-4 months. :cuss:

You are going to love that one, This is a video of my Evo 45 on my sig 220 combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tndbqOGhoZ0

I just got my most recent one, an AAC pilot for my sig mosquito, it took about three and a half months from the time my class three sent out my form 4 until I had the can in my hands.
The first four cans I purchased over the last couple years took an average of five weeks start to finish I don't know why they have been taking so stinking long lately!

imported post

Funny, I think I actually saw that vid a few months ago, and dozens of others on youtube. looks like a sweet can! gonna use it on my HK and Kimber, heard there is a piston kit I can use on the evo 45 for 9mm, but AAC updated there site a few weeks ago, and no longer mentions this piston kit :(

Gonna go order the M4-2000 to use on my bushy and PS90.

Boostaholic

imported post

563 wrote:

Impact had at least two of the YHM cans in stock and me and my brother both got one.

ODA 226

imported post

I have three. One is an integrally suppressed Marlin Camp Carbine, an integrally suppressed Ruger 10-22 and an SO 9 wet-pack muzzle can for my Glock 19.

Boostaholic

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I have three. One is an integrally suppressed Marlin Camp Carbine, an integrally suppressed Ruger 10-22 and an SO 9 wet-pack muzzle can for my Glock 19.
How quiet is that ruger? I have a ruger 10/22 that I am looking at putting a can on next assuming everything goes good with my first one.

ODA 226

imported post

Boostaholic wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
How quiet is that ruger? I have a ruger 10/22 that I am looking at putting a can on next assuming everything goes good with my first one.
The dominant sound with subsonic ammo is the cycling of the action. I would advice against a muzzle can and go with an integrally ported and suppressed weapon. I'll post pics of mine tonight.

Patriot

imported post

I have an AAC Evolution 9 for my 9mm Glocks. Currently the best 9mm can on the market, but that will change with time.....it always does. I used to have a Gemtech outback 2, but sold it recently.

BTW, I highly reccomend against integral .22 cans. .22 caliber cans fill with lead over time and become heavy and LOUD. It is usually way esier to have the manufacturer dissasemble and clean a screw on silencer than an integral (this WILL need to be done at some point). Because of the ports, the integral cans usually fill with lead faster. Lastly, nowadays, screw on cans are just as quiet, so why limit your "silent" shooting to one firearm? I used my .22 silencer with 2 pistols and 2 rifles. There is litterally NO reason to limit yourself.

Disclaimer....With the old technology of a few years ago, my answer might have been very different.

PS. Some screw on and integral silencers can be user dissasembled for cleaning. I'm not saying they are better, just that that is an option.