Thread: My beretta is giving me trouble

Post imported post

Hey. I'm a new gun owner who is learning how to shoot,take care of my weapon, learn weapon safety. I've put around 200 rounds through my Beretta 9000 S. And I have had it jam way too many times. At first it was because it needed to be cleaned. Well I cleaned it then shot it again and it jammed very soon with my defense ammo. I couldn't believe it. the bullet was expelled but the cartridge jammed. what can I do. I like my gun. I think it's a nice gun to carry concealed and practice but I don't feel comfortable having it with me for self defense at this point.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Well there are a couple things you can do to diagnose the problem.

See if the malfunctions occur with another shooter, and or with another type of ammo. At least it will narrow the problem down to the gun, the ammo, or the nut behind the trigger.

Post imported post

I'll 2d that. Try a differnent shooter and different ammo.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

State Researcher

Post imported post

200 rounds shouldn't be enough to cause the problem that you are describing...that said, put 4-500 rnds of "ball" through it to break it in...then start shooting your SD ammo. If it still does it with ball ammo, you might be "limp-wristing" and causing the jams.
    Like LW and VAOC said...try different ammo...let an experienced shooter fire your weapon to see if the problem continues to happen etc.
    Welcome aboard and good luck!