• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My beretta is giving me trouble

tito887

imported post

Hey. I'm a new gun owner who is learning how to shoot,take care of my weapon, learn weapon safety. I've put around 200 rounds through my Beretta 9000 S. And I have had it jam way too many times. At first it was because it needed to be cleaned. Well I cleaned it then shot it again and it jammed very soon with my defense ammo. I couldn't believe it. the bullet was expelled but the cartridge jammed. what can I do. I like my gun. I think it's a nice gun to carry concealed and practice but I don't feel comfortable having it with me for self defense at this point. :uhoh:

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well there are a couple things you can do to diagnose the problem.

See if the malfunctions occur with another shooter, and or with another type of ammo. At least it will narrow the problem down to the gun, the ammo, or the nut behind the trigger.;)

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

200 rounds shouldn't be enough to cause the problem that you are describing...that said, put 4-500 rnds of "ball" through it to break it in...then start shooting your SD ammo. If it still does it with ball ammo, you might be "limp-wristing" and causing the jams.
Like LW and VAOC said...try different ammo...let an experienced shooter fire your weapon to see if the problem continues to happen etc.
Welcome aboard and good luck!