Thread: holsters

Post imported post

For those who are interested, I want to inquire about the type of holster you use on a daily bases and what retention type device do you use and recommend?

State Researcher

Post imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
    what holster do you use and what type of retention do you use
    Who are you talking to? Are you asking a question? It's much easier, for all of us,to have discussions on herewhen you use complete sentences and proper punctuation. :?

Post imported post

Simmer down Dre :P.

I OC with a Houston Holsters Kydex for my.40, Desantis SOB forOWB but with concealability for my .45's, Jaypee IWB for my EMPand a Milt Sparks VMII IWB for IWB carry ofmy full size 1911's.

State Researcher

Post imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
    For those who are interested, I want to inquire about the type of holster you use on a daily bases and what retention type device do you use and recommend?
    I have a Safariland ALS holster for my SW99 that I normally use. I didn't like the idea of my gun being stuck at first, but I can draw very fast and consistently with the ALS. I also carry in a Galco "concealed carry" belt holster, with no actual retention. The gun wont just fall out though, either. I've never liked traditional thumb breaks, lol.

I personally think it's good to have at least one retention device, like a thumb break or ALS, as long as it doesn't slow down your draw. I don't like the blackhawk serpa holsters but I wont go into that rant again.

Post imported post

For OC I think that the Blackhawk SERPA can't be beat. Level 2 is a great retention system (I use it), Level 3 is sometimes called overkill, but I have tried it and like it, still a very easy retention mechanism that doesn't slow the draw at all.

My SERPA came with both belt and paddle options (3 quick screws to switch), I prefer the paddle. Only $40 for a lvl 2 is also a great selling point!

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:

I personally think it's good to have at least one retention device, like a thumb break or ALS, as long as it doesn't slow down your draw. I don't like the blackhawk serpa holsters but I wont go into that rant again.
    Can you link to your previous rant? I would really like to hear what you didn't like about them -- I love mine.

State Researcher

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    For OC I think that the Blackhawk SERPA can't be beat. Level 2 is a great retention system (I use it), Level 3 is sometimes called overkill, but I have tried it and like it, still a very easy retention mechanism that doesn't slow the draw at all.

My SERPA came with both belt and paddle options (3 quick screws to switch), I prefer the paddle. Only $40 for a lvl 2 is also a great selling point!
    They're not level 2. EDIT: And yeah, I'll see if I can find the link, otherwise I'll just summarize here, since it's on topic.

Post imported post

Serpa

Post imported post

i picked up a passport full sized nylon the other day...

ive got a fobus on the way, but that will probably be only for when i go to the range as there isnt a rentention strap...

gonna be getting a galco cop 3 slot once i can afford the $80

Post imported post

Uncle Mike's.

Post imported post

I've been OCing for a week now, and I carry a Glock 19 9mm in a blackhawk Serpa Level 2 retention holster. The first retention is a small screw that you can tighten that will make a sort of speed bump for your gun. the second level is a tap that clicks in and locks your gun in. There is a button that you push with your index finger (already in the drawing position) to release the gun. It's very natural. Mine has a paddle holster and a belt loop. I have a crappy belt, so I use the paddle and it works great. It is so secure I sometimes have to take my pants or belt off just to get the holster off my pants. Yeah Serpa!

Post imported post

I OC and occasionally CC in a Blackhawk SERPA. My main CC holster now is a Hume "Open Top" holster.

Post imported post

i usually carry in my gould & goodrich paddle with thumb break, if the mood strikes me i carry in my don hume 721 open top belt slide, i've got a matching single mag carrier that i always wear when packing. you never know when you have to make a hasty mag change...

just wondering how ya'll carry your extra mags.....................you carry extras right?...........right?

Post imported post

Blackhawk single mag holder on weak side with bullets facing forwards and down. When I shoot USPSA I throw a double mag holder along with my Blackhawk mag holder.

I used to carry my spare in a Gerber 600 Series multi tool pouch. Low profile cause no one thinks that a spare mag is in there especially in this neck of the woods. Nearly everyone carries a multi-tool.