• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about an "Open carry day" ?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Admittedly, I usually CC due to my law enforcement background - its hard to break old habits).

I know that around the state, there are monthly OC dinners and such that not everyone can attend. I couldnt make this last one in Richmond due to my son's baseball game.

So how about we pick a day and designate it as "open carry day" ? We could all make a real effort to OC that day.

Thoughts?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Admittedly, I usually CC due to my law enforcement background - its hard to break old habits).

I know that around the state, there are monthly OC dinners and such that not everyone can attend. I couldnt make this last one in Richmond due to my son's baseball game.

So how about we pick a day and designate it as "open carry day" ? We could all make a real effort to OC that day.

Thoughts?
Are you referring to a local meet-up or a day we try to well publicize in the media and demonstrate that OC'ers nationwide are not only safe, but also that we don't cause widespread panic, as some might suggest?

If a widespread event, I'll participate (from Vegas). A nationwide OC day, if well publicized like restaurant OC in Virginia, could be interesting. But, there might be an implication that this "OC Day" is a special event, when in fact I think most people here, myself included, OC on a daily basis already, and so there is a risk at sending the wrong message.

On the other hand, if you're suggesting a local meetup.... I'm not sure about VA law, but here there is a law on the books that a group of (citizens) may not associate / form a "military company with arms" without the permission of the governor (NRS 203.080). I'm not quite sure what a "military company" really means, as NRS doesn't define it. But I think it's best to be careful (at least in Nevada) with OC meetings that it's not an event organized in any kind of professional way, but rather a group of like-minded friends casually enjoying the presence of each other. Maybe I'm being too anal, thoughts?

vt357

imported post

National Open Carry Day

http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm

[align=center]National Open Carry Day[size=[color="#0000ff"]©[/color]][/size][/align] [align=center] and[/align] [align=center]National Open Carry Weekend[size=[color="#0000ff"]©[/color]][/size][/align] [align=center]Because "a Right restricted is a Right denied" and "a Right not exercised is a Right lost."[/align] [align=center][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson[/font][/align] [align=center]The next National Open Carry Day is July 4th, 2008[/align] [align=center]The next National Open Carry Weekend is July 4th, 5th and 6th, 2008[/align]

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey... I'm game for a Open Carry day in DC....:celebrate I mean what could they do with a MILLION of us all armed on the mall:what: Demanding that the Government put the constitution FIRST...