Thread: A evening of OC with a group of 12

Post imported post

Last night (wed the 16th) a bunch of us local pro gunners met to watch an see and prepared to pass out true gunfacts at a anti gun protest, well apparently there was no real protest, even the news guy opened up a live 6 pm shot with apparently the anti gun group was out gunned by the pro gun group cause all i see here is a bunch of folks packing heat.
    About a dozen guys, we all heard about this protest on a cc board (OhioCCW.org), so we all came to see what the hub bub was about protesteasyguns dot com. Well, all we saw was maybe 6 people with maybe a couple people that may have been with them, no signs, no LIE ing down on the ground like thier website promised... So we stood around OC, no police interaction, no real panic a few sheep was like oh my they got guns, so we all heaaded over to a local Skyline Chili place near UC, and enjoyed some food, and again no sky is falling, no 911 calls, we all oticed a few eyebrows raise when we walked to the restroom or paid our bills. Seems the staff was real friendly and full of smiles. Of course we all came in with big smiles and hello's so that usually makes any staff happy and yu get better service no matter what you happen to be wearing. We even had the guys from Conceald Campus with us, so a good time was had by all.
    So a uneventful, but eventful night.. Great food, great company, = good times.
    Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Post imported post

Wish I could have been there. They must have felt rediculous that tTHEY called the press, and were outnumbered by open carrying pro-gunners. OUTSTANDING!!! You can bet none of those people will be trying that one again next year. It was a bust, and the media pointed it out.

Post imported post

I heard a great characterization of those groups on a pro-gun blog (sorry, forgot the name). "They've been playing on astroturf for so long they wouldn't know grassroots even if someone fed them a mouth full of divet".

Post imported post

reefteach wrote:
    Wish I could have been there. They must have felt rediculous that tTHEY called the press, and were outnumbered by open carrying pro-gunners. OUTSTANDING!!! You can bet none of those people will be trying that one again next year. It was a bust, and the media pointed it out.

Funny you should mention anti-gunners feeling ridiculous. Back when CCW was about to pass here in Ohio, anti-gun spokesfreak Tobey Hoover called for a protest against one of the backers in a park in Independence. Pro-gunners found out and showed up first, and in something like five times the numbers. When the handful of anti-gunners finally showed up, we surrounded Tobey and them so that the media couldn't get them on camera without also getting one of our signs on camera. Then to twist the knife, John Lott showed up unannounced to give a talk. The newspeople practically trampled Tobey to death rushing to the other side of the park to cover Lott's appearance.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Protesteasyguns got their start here(VA) as a knee jerk reaction to the VTech tragedy. Many of their planned protests have been "Busts" as they cannot consistently turn out enough people to stage their "Lie-ins"(32 needed).

They were quite proud of themselves when they turned out 150 people on Lobby Day at the VA legislature, until..........................They saw the 450 VCDL members(armed) that turned out also. It is legal in VA to carry in the Gen. Assembly building with a CCW. We also attended their "Lie-in" at Capitol Square on the same day, they tried to get the Police to make us leave and became quite angry when told that we had as much right to be there as they did.

No One hates likeand is as angry as a Do-gooding Liberal with a Cause......

They are also a greater threat to Liberty than al-Queida...........

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    They are also a greater threat to Liberty than al-Queida...........
    They're the newestGAL-Qaeda cell!!

Post imported post

I was there. Had a good time and met some great people!

Michael

Post imported post

Glad to have met ya Micheal thanks for making the long haul...
    Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Post imported post

Another classic example of irony at its best! :P