• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A evening of OC with a group of 12

FiremanJoe

imported post

Last night (wed the 16th) a bunch of us local pro gunners met to watch an see and prepared to pass out true gunfacts at a anti gun protest, well apparently there was no real protest, even the news guy opened up a live 6 pm shot with apparently the anti gun group was out gunned by the pro gun group cause all i see here is a bunch of folks packing heat.
About a dozen guys, we all heard about this protest on a cc board (OhioCCW.org), so we all came to see what the hub bub was about protesteasyguns dot com. Well, all we saw was maybe 6 people with maybe a couple people that may have been with them, no signs, no LIE ing down on the ground like thier website promised... So we stood around OC, no police interaction, no real panic a few sheep was like oh my they got guns, so we all heaaded over to a local Skyline Chili place near UC, and enjoyed some food, and again no sky is falling, no 911 calls, we all oticed a few eyebrows raise when we walked to the restroom or paid our bills. Seems the staff was real friendly and full of smiles. Of course we all came in with big smiles and hello's so that usually makes any staff happy and yu get better service no matter what you happen to be wearing. We even had the guys from Conceald Campus with us, so a good time was had by all.
So a uneventful, but eventful night.. Great food, great company, = good times.

reefteach

imported post

Wish I could have been there. They must have felt rediculous that tTHEY called the press, and were outnumbered by open carrying pro-gunners. OUTSTANDING!!! You can bet none of those people will be trying that one again next year. It was a bust, and the media pointed it out.

:monkey

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I heard a great characterization of those groups on a pro-gun blog (sorry, forgot the name). "They've been playing on astroturf for so long they wouldn't know grassroots even if someone fed them a mouth full of divet".

Deanimator

imported post

reefteach wrote:
Wish I could have been there. They must have felt rediculous that tTHEY called the press, and were outnumbered by open carrying pro-gunners. OUTSTANDING!!! You can bet none of those people will be trying that one again next year. It was a bust, and the media pointed it out.

:monkey
Funny you should mention anti-gunners feeling ridiculous. Back when CCW was about to pass here in Ohio, anti-gun spokesfreak Tobey Hoover called for a protest against one of the backers in a park in Independence. Pro-gunners found out and showed up first, and in something like five times the numbers. When the handful of anti-gunners finally showed up, we surrounded Tobey and them so that the media couldn't get them on camera without also getting one of our signs on camera. Then to twist the knife, John Lott showed up unannounced to give a talk. The newspeople practically trampled Tobey to death rushing to the other side of the park to cover Lott's appearance. :)

casullshooter

imported post

Protesteasyguns got their start here(VA) as a knee jerk reaction to the VTech tragedy. Many of their planned protests have been "Busts" as they cannot consistently turn out enough people to stage their "Lie-ins"(32 needed).

They were quite proud of themselves when they turned out 150 people on Lobby Day at the VA legislature, until..........................They saw the 450 VCDL members(armed) that turned out also. It is legal in VA to carry in the Gen. Assembly building with a CCW. We also attended their "Lie-in" at Capitol Square on the same day, they tried to get the Police to make us leave and became quite angry when told that we had as much right to be there as they did. :lol:

No One hates likeand is as angry as a Do-gooding Liberal with a Cause......:cuss:

They are also a greater threat to Liberty than al-Queida...........:banghead: