Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think this would be appropriate attire?

Post imported post

I normally sport a collared button up shirt, but with the warmer weather, looking to stay a bit cooler.

Think this would be appropriate?

Post imported post

Appropriate for....?

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    Appropriate for....?
    Open Carrying..... IE, Running around town doing errands, etc.

Post imported post

I think that fine. I personally OC with jeans and a tshirt... At least your shirt is tucked in!

Post imported post

I don't see why not. I like wearing a collared shirt, button-up with tie is great because people assume you are a detective or something, but with the weather warming up I am also going short sleeved. Short sleeved polo shirts are great, because with slacks you can still pull of business casual, but I OC'd in shorts and a T-shirt on Monday and got the regular amount of reaction (none).

Post imported post

You could always go with a drop leg holster and a bandolier...just sayin.

Post imported post

Ruiner wrote:
    Clean, neat, shirt tucked in so as not to obscure vision of what is being carried (at least it's not a glunk): good to go.

We don't get warmer weather, here; we get HOTTER weather. I will OC wearing shorts, sandals, and tee. Normal reaction? Most people don't notice, anyway.

Post imported post

Very seldom do I dress up when I OC. I'd consider what you're wearing to be a step up from what I usually wear. Today I'm wearing green shorts, a Captain Spaulding t-shirt, Nike Sandals, and a Blackhawk thigh holster. I expect the same amount of reaction I normally get, which is none or at the most a pair or two of :what:.

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    Ruiner wrote:
    Clean, neat, shirt tucked in so as not to obscure vision of what is being carried (at least it's not a glunk): good to go.

We don't get warmer weather, here; we get HOTTER weather. I will OC wearing shorts, sandals, and tee. Normal reaction? Most people don't notice, anyway.
    What's that supose to mean? :P

Post imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
    nemo wrote:
    Ruiner wrote:

lol....

Nope, I carry a Sig 229R Two Tone .40

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Absolutely.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

move your cell phone to your weak-side

Post imported post

Looks fine to me.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

my 2 cents, put the camera on Timer then get in shot range to get full pic,

Post imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
    I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans,carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, youare a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!

Post imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
    Good point. Could also carryspray, spare mag, knife, flashlight, and multi-tool. Where's my bat-belt?

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    FightingGlock19 wrote:
    Good point. Could also carryspray, spare mag, knife, flashlight, and multi-tool. Where's my bat-belt?
    F That....

Unfortunately I feel uncomfortable with the cellphone on the other side. It's been on my right side for years now. It does not get in the way at all, so I don't mind it over there.

Post imported post

Ruiner wrote:
    I normally sport a collared button up shirt, but with the warmer weather, looking to stay a bit cooler.

I'm not a fashion Nanny, but won't walking around with a camera in front of your eyes inhibit your ability to see? :what:

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    mazellan819 wrote:
    I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans,carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, youare a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!
    About half my "arsenal" is "foreign junk." I guess that means I'm half the man I used to be...

-ljp

Post imported post

nemo wrote:
    mazellan819 wrote:
    I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans,┬*carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, you┬*are a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!
    If your statements were true, how come police departments don't carry 1911's?
    Hmmmm I wonder why! :P

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    About half my "arsenal" is "foreign junk." I guess that means I'm half the man I used to be...
    Well, if you include EVERYthing, then I have a lot of foreign junk, too, most of it much older than me and some of it much older than my dad would be. But, for carry weapons, I have only colts. I have shot the glock, but cannot get used to it. If they made it as good in the hand as the 1911, and with a good trigger, then I would try again.

Post imported post

Its good....I have open-carried with kinda baggy jeans, a hoodie, hat backwards...and i have long hair and look kinda young....i think 96% of people could care less...

Post imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
    nemo wrote:
    mazellan819 wrote:

If your statements were true, how come police departments don't carry 1911's?
    Hmmmm I wonder why! :P
    Eh, the 1911 is the greatest handgun ever created, however, it's a lot of maintenance to either A: make it run right or B: fix itwhen (if)something breaks. Plus, I don't think the 1911 has wnough mag capacity for an LEO. LEO's know they might have to use their weapon everyday, possibly against multiple BG's. The everyday OC/CCer should only need 9 shots in any given situation one might encounter, otherwise, carry a spare mag.

Post imported post

I've always thought it would be interesting to dress less than stellar and OC. Go around town about your business.

The following day/week, dress conservitive or how you normally would, OC to the same places as before,and see the reactions you get. Obviously the variable would be that the same people wouldn't be there as before, but it would still be interesting none the less.

I'm just curious to see what the difference would be.A bit of an experiment if you will.

Post imported post

I am far less concerned about appearances than most people. I wear the same pants/shirt for a week at a time, and don't gel or comb my hair. I'm not wearing a mohawk, dreadlocks, or cornrows and I don't have chains, spikes, and tatoos all over myself (and even if I did, it shouldn't matter) -- but I'm definitely not a model of "cleanliness" and socially acceptable dress / grooming. Gasp in disgust, and moan in despair if you want, but it's my personal choice, and I'm satisfied with it.

My question is Does my decision not to dress up and look pretty make my life less valuable? Should I have to change my personal habits in order to be able to defend myself without being harassed and intimidated by LEOs?

My answer is no. I recently made the decision to start open carrying, while I await my concealed pistol license -- and there is no way that I'm going to start getting all primped up, so some lawbreaking cop doesn't harass me -- that's not the way it's supposed to work.

I understand that this will cause some friction at first, and I'm willing to give them a few chances. But after I've been hassled a few times, written letters to Internal Affairs, and talked to the offending officers' superiors a few times -- I'm going to have to give up on asking nicely, and just file a lawsuit for harassment. Then they will probably start obeying the laws they claim to enforce.

I am going to carry a weapon to defend myself, and I am going to dress how I like. I don't feel that anyone has the right to bother me for either one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast