• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you guys think this would be appropriate attire?

Ruiner

imported post

I normally sport a collared button up shirt, but with the warmer weather, looking to stay a bit cooler.

Think this would be appropriate?

opencarry.jpg

ScottyT

imported post

I don't see why not. I like wearing a collared shirt, button-up with tie is great because people assume you are a detective or something, but with the weather warming up I am also going short sleeved. Short sleeved polo shirts are great, because with slacks you can still pull of business casual, but I OC'd in shorts and a T-shirt on Monday and got the regular amount of reaction (none).

nemo

imported post

Ruiner wrote:

Clean, neat, shirt tucked in so as not to obscure vision of what is being carried (at least it's not a glunk): good to go.

We don't get warmer weather, here; we get HOTTER weather. I will OC wearing shorts, sandals, and tee. Normal reaction? Most people don't notice, anyway.

glockrocker

imported post

Very seldom do I dress up when I OC. I'd consider what you're wearing to be a step up from what I usually wear. Today I'm wearing green shorts, a Captain Spaulding t-shirt, Nike Sandals, and a Blackhawk thigh holster. I expect the same amount of reaction I normally get, which is none or at the most a pair or two of :what:.

mazellan819

imported post

nemo wrote:
Ruiner wrote:

Clean, neat, shirt tucked in so as not to obscure vision of what is being carried (at least it's not a glunk): good to go.

We don't get warmer weather, here; we get HOTTER weather. I will OC wearing shorts, sandals, and tee. Normal reaction? Most people don't notice, anyway.

What's that supose to mean? :p

Ruiner

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:
nemo wrote:
Ruiner wrote:

lol....

Nope, I carry a Sig 229R Two Tone .40

nemo

imported post

mazellan819 wrote:

I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans,carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, youare a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!

Ruiner

imported post

nemo wrote:
FightingGlock19 wrote:
move your cell phone to your weak-side
Good point. Could also carryspray, spare mag, knife, flashlight, and multi-tool. Where's my bat-belt?

F That....

Unfortunately I feel uncomfortable with the cellphone on the other side. It's been on my right side for years now. It does not get in the way at all, so I don't mind it over there.

Sa45auto

imported post

Ruiner wrote:
I normally sport a collared button up shirt, but with the warmer weather, looking to stay a bit cooler.

opencarry.jpg
I'm not a fashion Nanny, but won't walking around with a camera in front of your eyes inhibit your ability to see? :what:

Legba

imported post

nemo wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:

I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans,carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, youare a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!

About half my "arsenal" is "foreign junk." I guess that means I'm half the man I used to be...

-ljp

mazellan819

imported post

nemo wrote:
mazellan819 wrote:

I am not surprised that you don't know. It is a strange, foreign object that does not fit the hand very well and has a LOUSY trigger. Real men, and especially real Americans, carry and shoot a 1911, of course.

From the sound of it, you are a real man. At least, you don't shoot any foreign junk!

If your statements were true, how come police departments don't carry 1911's? :uhoh:
Hmmmm I wonder why! :p