• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN Human Rights Council: Defeating Freedom of Expression

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Well since we are not required to adopt and adhere to any of this nonsense, it really is a non-issue for us.

BTW, in the United States, there is no such right as "freedom of expression" specifically addressed in the Bill of Rights. It does not appear there. This simply means that such a "right" exists under the protections of the Ninth and Tenth Amendments, not the First Amendment.

Euromutt

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
BTW, in the United States, there is no such right as "freedom of expression" specifically addressed in the Bill of Rights.
Last time I looked, speech was a means of expression, as was the printed word or image.