• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in city park?

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am going with my wife this weenend to a park I believe is owned by the city, are there any legal issues with carrying in a city park? I believe national parks are no carry at all, and state parks are cc only, but what about city parks? Can a city make it's own rules about the parks or is that a violation of preemption?

Heres what I can find on the park policy: http://www.lynchburgva.gov/Index.aspx?page=499#parkpolicy

xd.40

imported post

Thankfully, in Virginia, we have a state preemption on all local gun laws, which mean that they cannot make any laws of their own. You should be fine.

occva

imported post

I go to Peaks View Park in Lynchburg every now and then to play frisbee golf with my daughter.

I have gotten some unapproving looks from some. (thats fine, if they don't like it ,they can leave) I have never had an issue with the police or a park ranger.

Enjoy!