• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buyer Beware 2 :Champion Arms

Championarmssucks

imported post

I saw another post on here and had the same experience except I didn't want to wait 6 months. I was shooting my 1911 on the range and my front sight popped off. So I invested in some night sights and a few other pieces (beavertail/commander hammer/trigger). I checked them in and the people at the counter were real friendly, and they said it shouldn't take long at all. They said the gunsmith will call with a quote before doing any work. I wanted to make sure nothing was done to my gun before I got a call. I ONLY needed the night sights put on, the rest of the stuff could wait (I'm poor alright?).

So a month goes by. Nobody has called. When I checked in my gun they gave me a piece of paper at the end that says "DO NOT CALL THE GUNSMITH HE"S BUSY". Alright. Month goes by, never heard from anyone, So I go down there and ask for my gun back. If they haven't gotten to it, then I can just pick it up with the parts and be on my way. I can still shoot it, I just can't aim it :)

I get down there and ask for my gun.
"Did the gunsmith call you?"
"No, it's been a month, I dont want to wait any longer"
"I'll go get the gunsmith"

He comes back. No gunsmith. He says that my gun is already apart and being worked on. I asked why I wasn't called about a quote. They told me before anything was done I would be given a quote (I dont want to pay 300$ for a 399$ gun.) He says he will get the gunsmith. 30 damn minutes later he comes back and says he's already worked it'll be 180 and should be done by wednesday (this was monday). Wednesday I call, gunsmith never came in (or he did after 8:30). I gave them a week.

Last night I went in there and demanded my gun back. I stand around for 2 and a half hours waiting for the Gunsmith Because the gunsmith is the only one with access to the guns. This was Tom the manager that said this. Gunsmith comes in. They finally bring me my gun. It has a beavertail, commander hammer, and trigger installed. I asked about the night sights. They said I bought the wrong one and that the back one will fit, but not the front one and they have a part on order for it. I said that I bought all the parts there, and that they had SOLD them to ME. And if anything was WRONG, I would be called about it. Nope. He just cuts up my gun without a quote, without even talking to me first. After yelling back and forth for awhile, they finally give me my gun back. I told them I was not paying labor or work that I didn't approve. So they kept the night sights and wouldn't refund them. So, I got a 1911 with no sights at all. Any advice on what to do?

I understand a couple things.... This is my side of the story although Tom kept appologizing for the lack of communication between the sales guys and the gunsmith. When i went in there the first time, I DOUBT (now) that my gun was being worked on, nobody wants to lose a sale. And when you leave messages for the Gunsmith, he either doesn't care, or he doesn't get them.

It's like taking your car to a mechanic to have brake work done and asking them to look at the fuel pump and give you an estimate, then coming back and find that the fuel pump is installed, there's no brakes, and nobody has called you at all.

Great service LOL. Advice on where to get sights or what to do? Also, am I in the wrong? This is my first gunsmithing experience. I'm sorta scared to go back out.

expvideo

imported post

lol, I love your screen name.

Anyway, try Wade's in Bellevue. They're good people, and if it's just sights you want, they'll probably just slap them on there for you in a matter of minutes. I could be wrong, I don't speak for them, but I've always been satisfied with their service. They are usually very friendly as well.

Marco

imported post

Did you get anything in writing?
It will/would help if you file a complaint with the BBB.
Consider filing a complaint with the Local PD for larceny.
You paid for the sights he might not be required to refund your money but he can't take your property, that is theft.

Try and speak with the owner to remedy this situation first if that doesn't work file complaints and picket their store ona few Saturday's when most ship's are the busiest.
This has worked well for me in the past with a LV car dealer.

You probably already know this but don't use them again and tell everyone you know about your bad experience.
Don't reward bad (crappy) behavior.

Championarmssucks

imported post

Thanks for the Replies. The problem is that the owner is harder to reach than the gunsmith. I tried to remedy the situation with the manager there. It's too bad too, I really liked the gun range and the people that ran the range.

I would say that most everyone there is mostly-friendly. The gunsmith was definetly not. He told me I brought in the WRONG sights. I told him that I BOUGHT the sights THERE and that they told me they were the right ones. Then I asked if I bought the wrong sights, why didn't anyone call me to TELL me that? Lol what a jacko!

I will probably file a complaint with the BBB. I also may picket down the street. I'm not sure yet. It's funny how lack of communication can create such a situation. They took the sights to pay for the labor that was involved in putting on the beavertail. I told them that was great IF I had asked to put the beavertail on. A month and a half later and I'm still not able to shoot my 1911! I have other stuff to shoot, just not another 1911.

just_a_car

imported post

Championarmssucks, check out the other thread, I posted the BBB site for the company... leave a complaint, as they have "No Rating" as of yet.