View Poll Results: Staging a Pro-Gun Lie-In?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea - It would really get the point across

1 6.25%
  • Bad idea - Leave disgusting tactics like this to the antis

15 93.75%

Thread: LIE-INS

Post imported post

Many of us have been to the protest easy guns lie-ins and counter protested by turning our back or having signs. Why don't we stage our own lie-in? 32 people lie down with empty holsters (Doesn't mean they can't be CCing as well). We have signs saying "Here lie disarmed victims" or "Casualties of a Gun Free Zone."

We have several choices for how long to lie down. 9 minutes: How long Cho was able to carry out his rampage unimpeded. 8 minutes: How long it took for police to enter Norris hall from the time of the first 911 call. 6 minutes: The average police response time in America.

This idea was inspired by the fact that someone from thehighroad just purchased the domain http://www.protesteasyvictims.com

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...61#post4410561

Does this sound like a good idea or is it just too morally bankrupt to actually carry out?

Post imported post

I think that it only lends creedance to the antis. I do like the idea of www.protesteasyvictims.com though!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

How about more gun owners start becoming politically aware, thenwe won'thave to worry so much about people coming for our guns???

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    How about more gun owners start becoming politically aware, thenwe won'thave to worry so much about people coming for our guns???
    I agree

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    YUP!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    +3

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down, pull out our signs that say "All of these people could still be alive if someone had a concealed carry permit".

Use them as examples for our cause.

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down, pull out our signs that say "All of these people could still be alive if someone had a concealed carry permit".

Been there, done that.....January 21, 2008 - VCDL Lobby Day at the capital. According to an article I just read, somebody did it PEG at Tech yesterday (non-VCDL related).

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down,

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

Been there, done that.....January 21, 2008 - VCDL Lobby Day at the capital. According to an article I just read, somebody did it PEG at Tech yesterday (non-VCDL related).
    Do you have a link? I was there and was going around to all the media I could find asking them not to report the protest or if they did to mention how the student body was against it.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    bayboy42 wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:

Do you have a link? I was there and was going around to all the media I could find asking them not to report the protest or if they did to mention how the student body was against it.
    What I meant to infer was that somebody stood near PEG at Tech yesterday and protested their protest.....and I do have a link thanks to one of OCDO's best...Mr. vt357:
    http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stori..._show_loophole

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Great idea. One thing to remember is the press is always on there side so anything done like that should be done "with class" It was written in the State of The Gun that the gun rights folks were sneering and snickering at the lie in people. While the lie in people were not portrayed in a negative light.

Post imported post

vt357 wrote:
    Does this sound like a good idea or is it just too morally bankrupt to actually carry out?
    Uh, no. I prefer to stand for liberty.

Post imported post

Sounds like the lie-in folks didn't screw this one up... They might be learning... We must always remember that our side can be sensationalized and villianized much more easily by our opponents. Logic, statistics (thanks to people litke John Lott and Alan Korwin), and politeness are our best tools to educate the ignorant. In fact, if you haven't yet, everyone needs to go to Korwin's site and read about his 10 vs 1 debate at Duquesne university recently... They brought him as a voice of dissent in an otherwise anti-gun presentation and he really opened some people's minds...

BTW, he mentions that Jim Brady wasn't in attendence because his wife Sarah was hospitalized... Not wishing ill on anyone, just reporting the news...

Centurion

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I think that it only lends creedance to the antis. I do like the idea of http://www.protesteasyvictims.com though!
    Ohhh - I LIKE that one! :celebrate