• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LIE-INS

Staging a Pro-Gun Lie-In?

• Good idea - It would really get the point across

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad idea - Leave disgusting tactics like this to the antis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vt357

imported post

Many of us have been to the protest easy guns lie-ins and counter protested by turning our back or having signs. Why don't we stage our own lie-in? 32 people lie down with empty holsters (Doesn't mean they can't be CCing as well). We have signs saying "Here lie disarmed victims" or "Casualties of a Gun Free Zone."

We have several choices for how long to lie down. 9 minutes: How long Cho was able to carry out his rampage unimpeded. 8 minutes: How long it took for police to enter Norris hall from the time of the first 911 call. 6 minutes: The average police response time in America.

This idea was inspired by the fact that someone from thehighroad just purchased the domain http://www.protesteasyvictims.com

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=4410561#post4410561

Does this sound like a good idea or is it just too morally bankrupt to actually carry out?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
How about more gun owners start becoming politically aware, thenwe won'thave to worry so much about people coming for our guns???

+3

bayboy42

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down, pull out our signs that say "All of these people could still be alive if someone had a concealed carry permit".

Use them as examples for our cause.
Been there, done that.....January 21, 2008 - VCDL Lobby Day at the capital. According to an article I just read, somebody did it PEG at Tech yesterday (non-VCDL related).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down,

TataSteel-450.jpg

Neplusultra

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I say that we should go to their "LIE IN" and when they are laying down, pull out our signs that say "All of these people could still be alive if someone had a concealed carry permit".

Been there, done that.....January 21, 2008 - VCDL Lobby Day at the capital. According to an article I just read, somebody did it PEG at Tech yesterday (non-VCDL related).
Do you have a link? I was there and was going around to all the media I could find asking them not to report the protest or if they did to mention how the student body was against it.

bayboy42

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Do you have a link? I was there and was going around to all the media I could find asking them not to report the protest or if they did to mention how the student body was against it.
What I meant to infer was that somebody stood near PEG at Tech yesterday and protested their protest.....and I do have a link thanks to one of OCDO's best...Mr. vt357:
http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/04/17/students_hold_lie-in_to_protest_gun_show_loophole

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Great idea. One thing to remember is the press is always on there side so anything done like that should be done "with class" It was written in the State of The Gun that the gun rights folks were sneering and snickering at the lie in people. While the lie in people were not portrayed in a negative light.

tapper95

imported post

Sounds like the lie-in folks didn't screw this one up... They might be learning... We must always remember that our side can be sensationalized and villianized much more easily by our opponents. Logic, statistics (thanks to people litke John Lott and Alan Korwin), and politeness are our best tools to educate the ignorant. In fact, if you haven't yet, everyone needs to go to Korwin's site and read about his 10 vs 1 debate at Duquesne university recently... They brought him as a voice of dissent in an otherwise anti-gun presentation and he really opened some people's minds...

BTW, he mentions that Jim Brady wasn't in attendence because his wife Sarah was hospitalized... Not wishing ill on anyone, just reporting the news...