• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul in Idaho

imported post

This just posted on the RonPaul2008.com website.
Apr 25
Hope for America Tour, Freedom Rally
The College of Idaho, Jewett Auditorium, 2112 Cleveland Blvd., Caldwell, ID 83605
4:00 PM MT

Anyone here going? and should we OC there?

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

First is to find out if College of Idaho prohibits firearms. They are private, and as such, have the right to prohibit firearms. I'm hoping to be there, as should bourneshooter.

Saint

imported post

I will be there but I am curious if they have a firearm prohibition. We definately need to find out before friday

Saint

imported post

So I have been browsing around on the College of Idaho website attempting to determin the policy regarding firearms. Only thing I have come across is the "Student right to know and campus security act of 1990" which only is in address to students in regards to being required to present ID when asked and to comply with LEO orders. I don't see how this would in any way relate to a non-student but here is the link.

http://www.collegeofidaho.edu/media/studentHandbook/righttoknow.asp?ID=handbook

Anyone else find anything further that I may have missed? Cause if that is all that CoI has said I am going to be OCing

Batx00

imported post

I found this under the "Standars of Conduct" under the "Misconduct Definitions".
http://www.collegeofidaho.edu/media/studentHandbook/standardsofconduct.asp?ID=handbook

Code:
Misconduct Definitions 
It is expected that students, as part of the college community, will conduct themselves in such a way as to respect the rights of others and observe the legal norms of the larger society. These expectations are described in various college publications including, but not limited to, the The College of Idaho Catalog and the Student Life Honor Code. Any action, activities or behaviors that are inconsistent with these rights and norms are prohibited. These include, but are not limited to, the following categories:

Use or known possession of any explosives, dangerous chemicals, fireworks, or weapons on college premises (firearms may be registered and stored with Campus Safety);

So far, my finding are the same as yours, only applying to students.

Hmm, I wonder if Ron Paul's campain security staff would let you though the door with a firearm...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Batx00 wrote:
I found this under the "Standars of Conduct" under the "Misconduct Definitions".
http://www.collegeofidaho.edu/media/studentHandbook/standardsofconduct.asp?ID=handbook

Code:
Misconduct Definitions 
It is expected that students, as part of the college community, will conduct themselves in such a way as to respect the rights of others and observe the legal norms of the larger society. These expectations are described in various college publications including, but not limited to, the The College of Idaho Catalog and the Student Life Honor Code. Any action, activities or behaviors that are inconsistent with these rights and norms are prohibited. These include, but are not limited to, the following categories:

Use or known possession of any explosives, dangerous chemicals, fireworks, or weapons on college premises (firearms may be registered and stored with Campus Safety);

So far, my finding are the same as yours, only applying to students.

Hmm, I wonder if Ron Paul's campain security staff would let you though the door with a firearm...

Boys,

SGTJensen and I were at the Rally here in Salt Lake and we stood about 50 feet away from Ron during his speech. We stood about 6 feet away from a SLPD officer, he saw our sidearms. I took a picture together with Ron Paul and my sidearm poked him in his side:celebrate.

His Head of Security saw us we know that for certain.

Chime in here Sarge.

TJ

imported post

UTOC-45-44

That would be a priceless pic to see!

something you'd never see with any other presidential candidate.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

563 wrote:
UTOC-45-44

That would be a priceless pic to see!

something you'd never see with any other presidential candidate.

I havethe pic on my cell ph, but you don't see the sidearm. SGTJensen will be able to vouch for it though.

It was AWESOME to see a genuine leader except out RIGHTS.

I felt very proud at that moment to be in the US of A.

A few months later I pledged the Allegience to the Flag and became a US Citizen ( Jan 14th '08, to be exact):celebrate

TJ

bourneshooter

imported post

Saint and I OC'd at the event. I was interviewd by Channel 6. May be on tonight.

Met Ron Paul and got him to sign my copy of his "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" book. He really couldn't care less about Guns I don't think from this experience.

I'm stoked over this whole deal.

RON PAUL!

imported post

Just got home, I should've stuck close to you guys so I could grab a pic of that. I did look for you guys, would've been a good pic for the media.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Chime in here Sarge.

That was a great day! We got to exercise our first and second amendment rights within feet of a Presidential Candidate! Try that near the giant douche, or the turd sandwich!

I had my G23, and TJ had his Kimber, and a fellow Ron Paul supporter approached us and said thanks for exercising our rights.

Like TJ said, the Salt Lake City policemen saw us, but said nothing. We went over to the table where all the pamphlets were, picked some up, and on cop said "Clear the way, keep it moving." We both looked up at him, and he said "No, not you guys, you're OK there." :D

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Chime in here Sarge.

That was a great day! We got to exercise our first and second amendment rights within feet of a Presidential Candidate! Try that near the giant douche, or the turd sandwich!

I had my G23, and TJ had his Kimber, and a fellow Ron Paul supporter approached us and said thanks for exercising our rights.

Like TJ said, the Salt Lake City policemen saw us, but said nothing. We went over to the table where all the pamphlets were, picked some up, and on cop said "Clear the way, keep it moving." We both looked up at him, and he said "No, not you guys, you're OK there." :D
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

imported post

bourneshooter wrote:
Saint and I OC'd at the event. I was interviewd by Channel 6. May be on tonight.

Met Ron Paul and got him to sign my copy of his "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" book. He really couldn't care less about Guns I don't think from this experience.

I'm stoked over this whole deal.

RON PAUL!
I kinda feel I let down the OC community here by not OC'ing as well, I just wasn't comfortable with the language and the laws concerning guns on this college campus. So I decided not to OC to be on the safe side.

If he comes back agian. I'll definately be OC'ing

Even tho Ron Paul has probably repeated this same speech 100 times elsewhere, I got the feeling he was "Genuinely Concerned" and worried about our country and the direction it's heading, Unlike others who speak the same ole rhetoric.

or I am easily impressed.

Ron Paul Indeed!

Saint

imported post

As bourne said, both he and I OCed at the event. We encountered no problems and witnessed no signs or any type of posting saying that carry on campus was prohibited.

After bourne left I went back to the rally with another buddy of mine to pick up some books and watch Dr. Paul do an interview. As we were standing there I had a couple of Paul supporters notice my gun, ask me what kind it was and when I told them "It's a Glock 19, a 9 mm" the only response I got was "cool!"

I did notice at least one Caldwell Campus officer do a double take at my firearm (he saw it, started to turn away and then jerked his head back to look at it again) and I simply turned my hip to him so it was clearly visible. He kept an eye on me the rest of the time I was there but never said a word.

Dr. Paul was amazing as usual! Hopefully more politicians will become like him!

Eagleeye

imported post

Saint wrote:
I did notice at least one Caldwell Campus officer do a double take at my firearm (he saw it, started to turn away and then jerked his head back to look at it again)
That must have been a comical sight.

imported post

Good pic! it would've been better if we had more people OC'ing, and with the firearms in better view. Wouldve been good media.