• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

encounter today in s.w. detroit with man beating a woman

bb

imported post

coming home today driving down the street ready to turn onto my street, when i see this man draging a woman from the street to the sidewalk, he had beenkickin her a**, he had a golf club in his hand and he was with another man. i slowed down and stopped and asked what was going on, he was some arab guy,he said go on, the woman was asking me to help her,crying and going on, i said i will call 911 for you,

so i proceed to call and this guy say's hang up and starts walking toward my truck welding this golf club swinging it around, so i open my doorand swing to the side so he could see my gun in the holster and i'm informing him that i am armed and not to come any closer. evidently he saw it and stopped in his tracks. all the time my 6 year old son in the truck is scared and crying. he and the other persontook off walking and i proceeded to call 911 and wait for the police. when they arrived i explained what happened and they went trying to find this person and i proceeded on my way.

i really don't like to get involved in anything but seeing a woman getting her a** beat i had to do something.

give some opinions if you think i handeled thiscorrectly

mastiff69

imported post

Yes ! works for me ! Was the weapon that you have, stand out, or was it subdued

AKA was it black weaponon a white or light coloced back ground, or chrome, nickel on a dark background?

I am glad he woke up!!! It makes me very unhappy to see perps victimizing defensless people.

And the anti's wonder why we carry?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

bossbart wrote:
coming home today driving down the street ready to turn onto my street, when i see this man draging a woman from the street to the sidewalk, he had beenkickin her a**, he had a golf club in his hand and he was with another man. i slowed down and stopped and asked what was going on, he was some arab guy,he said go on, the woman was asking me to help her,crying and going on, i said i will call 911 for you,

so i proceed to call and this guy say's hang up and starts walking toward my truck welding this golf club swinging it around, so i open my doorand swing to the side so he could see my gun in the holster and i'm informing him that i am armed and not to come any closer. evidently he saw it and stopped in his tracks. all the time my 6 year old son in the truck is scared and crying. he and the other persontook off walking and i proceeded to call 911 and wait for the police. when they arrived i explained what happened and they went trying to find this person and i proceeded on my way.

i really don't like to get involved in anything but seeing a woman getting her a** beat i had to do something.

give some opinions if you think i handeled thiscorrectly
AWESOME job.

When seconds counts....

And people say that OCing is being a target and NOT tactially wise:quirky

Great Job saving this poor womans life.

TJ

Sa45auto

imported post

Isaiah 29: 4 w25-36,

...thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit...

Humm. Are we feeding a T?

bb

imported post

it was a glock carried in a highly visable side holster

Michigander

imported post

Outstading job!

I have been driving through Detroit every day, and I find this rather easy to believe. There are so many punks in Detroit. It's just amazing.

As a side note, Welcome Zippo9! Grayling is among my favorite places in Michigan. It's a true gun nuts paradice. Fred Bears original home town untill he abandoned it, right there by some awesome forsests, including Hartwick Pines, and you guys have an awesome looking shooting range. I also love how the K mart disregards the ammo policy. I felt very welcomed by friendly people when I've been there, which I can't say for most of the towns in Michigan. Glad to see you.:)