View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW permit?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

36 72.00%
  • No.

13 26.00%
  • Other.(OC permit? Other non-yes/no response)

1 2.00%

Thread: Do you have a CCW (or other carry permit)?

Activist Member

Post imported post

I was just curious as to the portion of the OCDO people that have carry permits.

I don't, one reason being that in NV you must be 21 to have a CCW permit, but I can OC at 18.

Post imported post

I have Washington state Concealed Pistol License (CPL). I think just about everyone from WA over 21 on this board does, if only for three reasons:
    • Washington state law prohibits carrying/transporting a loaded handgun in a vehicle unless you have a CPL.
    • When purchasing a handgun from an FFL, the CPL can substitute for a state background check, allowing the FFL to waive the five-day waiting period.
    • Even if you prefer not to buy your firearms from an FFL, and instead restrict yourself to private transactions, a CPL serves as handy way of demonstrating to a seller that you are not legally ineligible to own a firearm.

Post imported post

I have a CCW from my state of residence.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I have one because in PA you need one to carry while driving. Plus in Philadelphia you need a CCW to open carry (go figure). But at $25 for the permit in a shall issue state with a 3 week turnaround I can't complain too much relatively speaking of other states that charge over $100.

Post imported post

I have3. Should I vote 3 times? :P
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

I do not have a permit although I have considered gettingone for reciprocity purposes. It is not necessary to have one to carry both openly and concealedin my state and I rarely travel to the lower 48 which is why I haven't yet done so.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

No, but I intend to get one at long last after my last round of legal ******** for not having one. Saving $100 not getting one in the 1st place has cost me nearly $5,000 altogether.

-ljp

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    I have one because in PA you need one to carry while driving. Plus in Philadelphia you need a CCW to open carry (go figure). But at $25 for the permit in a shall issue state with a 3 week turnaround I can't complain too much relatively speaking of other states that charge over $100.
    Three week turnaround...for some reason I went into the Sheriff's Office in Butler, filled out the form. The woman that took my form and the $25 said "Sit down in front of the camera." I was outa there in about 20 minutes with my LTCF.

Post imported post

PA-Carry wrote:
    Three week turnaround...for some reason I went into the Sheriff's Office in Butler, filled out the form. The woman that took my form and the $25 said "Sit down in front of the camera." I was outa there in about 20 minutes with my LTCF.
    Wow...thats pretty sweet. Maybe Butler doesnt have as many permit requests as Allegheny...actually im pretty sure they dont, per capita Allegheny issues the most in either the state or the country. But that is pretty damn cool that you got one in 20 minutes. And here i was thinking i was all kool and the gang with a short 20 days. Maybe the sherriff is just lazy.

But still good to only fork up $25 instead of some other states.

Post imported post

I have an unrestricted LTC-A in Massachusetts and a non resident New Hampshire License.

Post imported post

Prophet wrote:
    PA-Carry wrote:
    Wow...thats pretty sweet. Maybe Butler doesnt have as many permit requests as Allegheny...actually im pretty sure they dont, per capita Allegheny issues the most in either the state or the country. But that is pretty damn cool that you got one in 20 minutes. And here i was thinking i was all kool and the gang with a short 20 days. Maybe the sherriff is just lazy.

But still good to only fork up $25 instead of some other states.
    Most counties in PA let you walk out the door with a LTCF. It takes longer in some of the larger counties probably moreso because of the logistics of handling so many applications. Allegheny county would pretty much need a full-time DMV-style office setup to handle LTCF applications and renewals. I'd also say that 3 weeks indicates that the issuing authority probably isn't playing games, but that it just honestly takes that long to process them. Granted, some counties (Philadelphia and Monroe spring to mind) will take in excess of two months to issue (in defiance of state law), purely for the purpose of making a point, but as I understand it, this is the exception rather than the rule.

I don't have a PA LTCF yet, though I'll be getting one come October... it's just too inconvenient to OC without one.

Post imported post

I have CT CCW better safe than not having

Post imported post

NCDOC requires me to have one to bring a firearm on state property (read as: carrying to and from work). And since we are "Criminal Justice Officers" not Law Enforcement we are just private citizens dealing with inamtes.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

I have one for my state of res (VA) and as a bonus, Utah as the instructor for our class was also a Utah qualified/certified instructor. That one took almost 3 months to get. My VA one took me 10 whole days to get. Our big advantage of havingthe VA permit is you can buy more than 1 gun in a 30 day period if you so desire.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

I have the same permits. I delayed renewing my Virginia permit, but I'm covered by the Utah permit if my Virginia replacement isn't issued before it expires in a few days.

Post imported post

I'm getting my certification this summer so I can be ready to get my CCW permit as soon as I can...in another two years...

Post imported post

I have an Indiana"License to carry handgun" Life time permit.

Post imported post

Az CWP, it also allows CC in city parks with a permit and having it speeds up firearms purchases, they do not have to call DPS, your permit is your background check, and the reciprocity is nice too

Post imported post

I'll be taking the CCW class and getting my permit this June. Why? Even though OC is legal in Nevda, having CCW gives you all of the options and the LEO's know you've been background checked---so you can't be a badguy. Also, I want to buy about three more pistols for the girls in my life, so that's $75 saved in Brady checks. I figure there's a time and place for both!

Post imported post

I live in NC and do not have a CHP. In NC, if you can legally own a gun, you can carry openly without any permit or ID. You may also carry in your car without a permit, as long as it is in the open. The only reason I would get a permit (and that's a big if) would be for traveling purposes (multiple states that may be stricter than NC) or for places like church or malls where guns can get you kicked out or accosted severly.