• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does OC Entail a VULNERABILITY Relative to CC ?

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

OmSigDAVID wrote:
If he expects u to take your hand out of your jacket with your wallet in it and u draw a gun on him instead, u have the advantage of stealth. Right ?

Wrong....in that situation, don't you think that "he" will be weatching your hand/s very carefully?...I know I would.

In my opinion, unless u have practiced speed drawing from your hipa lot, drawing from within your jacket will probably take about the same amount of time.

All I can say to this is, you have obviously never practiced both methods...nor even applied any logic to the question. For eaxample, ask yourself "how many seperate movements/actions does it take for me to have my weapon "on target" and ready to fire" from CC?....from OC?
Even as a thought experiment alone, without practice with either method, the answer should be painfully obvious.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

OmSigDAVID wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
In my opinion, this is where proper training comes into effect. If you are able to redirect his weapon, and draw your's, you have a much better chance due to beter draw time.
Sounds interesting; do u have any particular training in mind ?

There's many different methods, some of which are just my adaptation from various Aikido techniques. Don't put your hands up, that is a bad idea, because you're more vunerable. instead, when the criminal tells you to put your hands up, make your move, he's going to expect moving hands at that point. If the shooter is right handed and holding the gun with his right hand, redirect the weapon to his left side, closing him off from a counter-attack with his free hand. If you are right handed, do this with your left hand, leaving you plenty of room to draw with your right, and fire.

similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNPJ0fgWVY

i realize it's from a movie, but his techiques are pretty spot on. (cept for putting his hands up.)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OmSigDAVID wrote:
SNIP Have u considered the wisdom of aCC BUG ?

or is that too much weight all the time ?
I subscribe to the idea (Massad Ayoob's?) that if you are justified in carrying one gun, you are justified in carrying two.

Its more a financial consideration for me. One the financial catches up, I'll get myself a nice little consideration.

WhiteFeather

imported post

Just my 0.2,

You emplored our pardon to not get agitated when you tried to make a point about something that has been beaten to death. But instead of excepting the answers given you went out of your way to add an irrational tone to your posts. From an outsiders perspective I would guess that your post reflect a rather brazen attitude and that you were not looking for answers but more so to argue with everyone for points your perceptions dictate as invalid.

You cannot calculate the statistics you are looking for because no one intending harm is going to walk up toa personwhom is OC'ing and tell them that they were about to rob them and then they saw the gun and decided to look elsewhere.

The decision to OC comes from convictions to better the community around you. ByOC'ing you have more oportunities to educate people about citizens carryand the right to do so. For me that is plenty an advantage to do said activity.

So to put this to rest if you are looking for answers I suggest you listen to what iswritten and not try to contradict everything that is typed.

OmSigDAVID

imported post

WhiteFeather wrote:
Just my 0.2,

You emplored our pardon to not get agitated when you tried to make a point about something that has been beaten to death. But instead of excepting the answers given you went out of your way to add an irrational tone to your posts. From an outsiders perspective I would guess that your post reflect a rather brazen attitude and that you were not looking for answers but more so to argue with everyone for points your perceptions dictate as invalid.

You cannot calculate the statistics you are looking for because no one intending harm is going to walk up toa personwhom is OC'ing and tell them that they were about to rob them and then they saw the gun and decided to look elsewhere.

The decision to OC comes from convictions to better the community around you. ByOC'ing you have more oportunities to educate people about citizens carryand the right to do so. For me that is plenty an advantage to do said activity.

So to put this to rest if you are looking for answers I suggest you listen to what iswritten and not try to contradict everything that is typed.

Perhaps these remarks were directed to ME ?

1. U make a good point as to the valuableopportunities for educationoffered byOC.

2. I 'll plead " guilty as charged " to all allegations of argumentation, for many years,decades and over 2 centuries, so far. I ofen employ argument to prove the principles of 2A. I call it friendly, theoretical discussion.

3. Is the general thrust of your position: " STIFLE YOURSELVES !!" ?? Is that an accurate interpretation of your post ?

4. When u are educating the people about the right to carry,

are u equally as suave and diplomatic as uhave beenhere ?

David

OmSigDAVID

imported post

Citizen wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
SNIP Have u considered the wisdom of aCC BUG ?

or is that too much weight all the time ?
I subscribe to the idea (Massad Ayoob's?) that if you are justified in carrying one gun, you are justified in carrying two.

Its more a financial consideration for me. One the financial catches up, I'll get myself a nice little consideration.

Yeah, that makes sense to me !

David

OmSigDAVID

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
In my opinion, this is where proper training comes into effect. If you are able to redirect his weapon, and draw your's, you have a much better chance due to beter draw time.
Sounds interesting; do u have any particular training in mind ?

There's many different methods, some of which are just my adaptation from various Aikido techniques. Don't put your hands up, that is a bad idea, because you're more vunerable. instead, when the criminal tells you to put your hands up, make your move, he's going to expect moving hands at that point. If the shooter is right handed and holding the gun with his right hand, redirect the weapon to his left side, closing him off from a counter-attack with his free hand. If you are right handed, do this with your left hand, leaving you plenty of room to draw with your right, and fire.

similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNPJ0fgWVY

i realize it's from a movie, but his techiques are pretty spot on. (cept for putting his hands up.)

Thank u, 22

That seems tactically sound.

David

WhiteFeather

imported post

I would not use the term "stifle" but rather I would attempt to subdue chagrined emotion.

Unfortunately the internet is never a court room and often times one comment can lead people to judge you based soley on the merits of that one paragraph. That, I feel would be ashamed for someone as versed as you.

I hope you did not take my previous comment as a personal attack. My aim was more of a constructive critisism suggestion.