• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need this in Vermont... Write your VT Reps!

vermonter

imported post

I came across this on the Montana OC board. I am going to fnd out who the most gun friendly rep is here in VT and have this proposed. Any Vermonters on board with me?

"45-8-360. Establishment of individual licensure. In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the people in Article II, section 12, of the Montana constitution, a person who has not been convicted of a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under the Montana constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Montana within the meaning of the provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act."

Basically the Federal Act said something about no guns within 1,000 feet of a school unless individually licensed by the State within which the school is located. MCA 45-8-360 effectively says that if you can own a gun legally, you have an individual license within the borders of Montana.

Montana has a history of thumbing its collective nose at the Feds. The now defunct 55 mph. speed limit was another such example.

[align=right]Joined:
Sat Sep 9th, 2006

Posted: Wed Feb 27th[/align]