• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police departments responding to B/E's

jack

Banned
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
jack wrote:
Exactly ! Just say NO !

Ignore the police ! Don't even call them until the intruder is down ( 3 shot minimum) an your attorney is in route.

Never take advise from a cop.
This is the type of dangerous advice that will get some good citizen put away for manslaughter. "Just say no" to posting Jack, you are insane and ignorant.
Manslaughter ? What Bullshit, I said intruder. In most States you can use deadly force againstsomeone that has broken into your home.

nitrovic

imported post

jack wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
jack wrote:
BOTTOM LINE: YOU are responsible for your own security. In this type of situation listening to a 911 call operator (that in some areas has about as much training as aPizza Hutorder taker) can get you killed.

Another example is the cop at the World Trade center that was holding his hands out like a safety patrol and telling everyone to go back in the building. A lot of people died because they deferred to a uniform, without stopping to think thatwhat he was telling them could BE WRONG.

You never have to legally take advise from a cop.

A lawful order has to have law behind it.

I hear time and time again guys calling up to get Legal advice from the police concerning open carry, most copsdon't know or intentionally LIE.

Recently someone posted that they called their local sheriff office to see if open carry is "accepted" by law enforcement in that area. The poster understood that it's legal but felt the need to get the police opinion on the matter. Folks that is ignorant. Who cares what they think, the State legislature makes laws not the high school graduates thatgo into local law enforcement.Ignore the police and carry, protect yourself and think for yourself.

You never have to do what they say unlessthey have reasonable articulable suspicion,probable cause, a search warrantor have placed you under arrest. Don't be bullied by folks from the bottom 15% of your high school graduating class. Nothing has changed fromkindergarten they are still bullies, they just now have a badge and a gun (you have a gun too hopefully).

If they don't have any of the above keep walking ! Don't open the door of your home to law enforcement unless they have announced they have a warrant. Talk to them through the door and demand to know why they are there.

You never have to speak with the police, including traffic stops/ DWI checkpoints. Hand over your licence, registration and proof of insurance and Exercise your RIGHT to remain silent. The police aren't necessarily your enemybut theyaren't your friend either.

Toanswer your question, NO I DO DON'T TRUST or cooperate with law enforcement where it is not legally required. As a law abiding business owner with no tickets in 15 years andno criminal record,I have been harassed by cops too many times to trust or RESPECT THEM. In my book most are the scum of the earth.

#1- False- most 911 operators have extensive training and are even CPR certified and give instructions over the phone that saves lives.

#2- Lie- Look at the tapes and you will see officers and fire officials telling people to run away from the buildings

#3- Lie-Cops go through a very in-depth hiring process which usually hires the top 10% of applicants. Most already have college degrees and most also have real world military experience. Then the applicants go through psych tests, polygraph tests, and written tests just to make it to the academy. Once there most go through up to seven months of training, three month FTO period, and a one year probationary period.

:p
Your the liar, less than 33% of police officers have college degrees.
First, it's "you're". Second, it depends on the department. Most cops I know have degrees and the VAST majority have military experience. The problem with "statistics" is that every little po-dunk town in the USA is counted in those stats. Most of them don't have degrees. By the way,where does it say that 33% have degrees? I know foralmost all of the fed jobs you HAVE to have AT LEAST a bach. degree toeven get an interview. But I was referncing your "bottom 10%" comment. Let's say only 33% of cops do indeed have degrees, that would put the police in the bottom 10%?

nitrovic

imported post

jack wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
jack wrote:
Exactly ! Just say NO !

Ignore the police ! Don't even call them until the intruder is down ( 3 shot minimum) an your attorney is in route.

Never take advise from a cop.
This is the type of dangerous advice that will get some good citizen put away for manslaughter. "Just say no" to posting Jack, you are insane and ignorant.
Manslaughter ? What Bullshit, I said intruder. In most States you can use deadly force againstsomeone that has broken into your home.

Not true. You have to be in fear for your life or others. It's a lot easier to get there having them in your home, but it still does not satisfy most prosecutors. Like I said, keep giving out bad advice. I've seen it first hand as a police officer, have you?

jack

Banned
imported post

Actually you are incorrect, it depends totally on State law. In some States you have to prove you were in fear for your life, in other States once they force entry into your home you can use deadly force.

[Moderator Edit: Removed unnecessary and childish name calling]

Satisfying a prosecutor ? LOL

Who cares ? The jury is what matters. Prosecutors like cops pulllots of BS . When has a jury convicted someone of manslaughter for killing someone that broke into their home ?

Shawn Bell killed by NYPD the night before his wedding.

Attachments

• image2208958g.jpg
    image2208958g.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 131

LEO 229

imported post

jack wrote:
Actually you are incorrect, it depends totally on State law. In some States you have to prove you were in fear for your life, in other States once they force entry into your home you can use deadly force.

[Moderator Edit: Removed unnecessary and childish name calling]

Satisfying a prosecutor ? LOL

Who cares ? The jury is what matters. Prosecutors like cops pulllots of BS . When has a jury convicted someone of manslaughter for killing someone that broke into their home ?

Shawn Bell killed by NYPD the night before his wedding.
So what proof is required? Video?

Many if notmost minor crimes have no proof except witness or victim statements so how do you get a conviction?

tracylaud83

imported post

People who actually belive in what "Jack" is saying, Are the ones that give OC a bad name.

Yes, I know, He's only baiting people, and really doesn't belive half of what he's saying.

I'm done with this thread.....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jack wrote:
The majority of thecasualties were in the first building collapse. People died because they listened to the police. Unfortunately only Sixty cops were killed that day , 37 port authority officers and 23 NYPD.

JACK!

I will not tolerate such ridiculous nonsense.

Howdidsixty cops die that day ifmany of themweren't trying to help people?

Knock it off.

Your hyper-emotional rants contribute nothing to the forum.

LEO 229

imported post

jack wrote:
You arethe liar, less than 33% of police officers in the United States have college degrees. Most departments don't even require a 2 year degree.

During the 9/11 investigation panel, there were multiple eye witness accounts of law enforcement telling people to go back to work "everything is ok". News footage was played during the Hearings showing a police officer telling people to go back to work. THAT IS A FACT, and a perfect reason to ignore the police in most situations. They are not a very bright bunch.Only afterthe first tower collapseddid they started telling people to run away from the buildings.The majority of thecasualties were in the first building collapse. People died because they listened to the police. Unfortunately only Sixty cops were killed that day , 37 port authority officers and 23 NYPD. I'm sure the citizens of New York that have been brutalized by the racist NY police department and the families of those murdered by the NYPD (like the unarmed groom shot at over 50 times and killed by NYPD) shed zero tears over that. I sure didn't, in a way it's a form of God's justice. He hears the cries of the oppressed and slays the evil doer.

.... Snipped
There area few departments that require a degree whilemany do not. Having a degree does not make you any better or smarter on the street. I would say the majority of LEOs have some college or are former military.

You sicken mewhenyou to try to further your cause to "ignore LEOs" and then boast that "unfortunately ONLY 60 cops were killed." It was unfortunate that anyone had to die that day. But you seem to be pleased that cops died.

Not only that.... but the entire NYPD did not shoot the groom that night. It was one undercover detective that was responsible for making that call.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I don't know what Jacks game is but he has claimed to get paid very well to put dangerous people behind bars so I'm putting an end to his shenanigans.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nitrovic wrote:

Last edited on Sat Apr 19th, 2008 09:05 pm by nitrovic
That's now the OP to this thread.

WTH???

You started the conversation and now you delete the opening comments, remove the context for everything that follows and confuse anyone not part of this original thread from understanding this later. What's up with that? And what's up with all your other deleted posts all over the forum?

I was starting to think you were coming around a bit. But there are so many negative ways to interpret this behavior and frankly I can't think of any positive one. What gives? I'm not trying to start a flame here, but I am concerned when 2 pages into what has become a contentious thread, the OP just deletes what started it all.

I would strongly suggest to the Admins/Mods that the OP be recovered from the waybackmachine and replaced in the thread or the thread be deleted. Deleting of the OP in a thread is a horrible and dangerous precedent to allow, IMO.

sccrref

imported post

jack wrote:
<snip>
Toanswer your question, NO I DO DON'T TRUST or cooperate with law enforcement where it is not legally required. As a law abiding business owner with no tickets in 15 years andno criminal record,I have been harassed by cops too many times to trust or RESPECT THEM. In my book most are the scum of the earth. <snip>

I will not even comment on the grammer. As to the last part of your post, who is profiling now. I guess that this makes you just as bad as them.

To stay on topic, I would not want to have to respond to a B/E call as you never know what you will encounter.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

Last edited on Sat Apr 19th, 2008 09:05 pm by nitrovic
That's now the OP to this thread.

WTH???

You started the conversation and now you delete the opening comments, remove the context for everything that follows and confuse anyone not part of this original thread from understanding this later. What's up with that? And what's up with all your other deleted posts all over the forum?

I was starting to think you were coming around a bit. But there are so many negative ways to interpret this behavior and frankly I can't think of any positive one. What gives? I'm not trying to start a flame here, but I am concerned when 2 pages into what has become a contentious thread, the OP just deletes what started it all.

I would strongly suggest to the Admins/Mods that the OP be recovered from the waybackmachine and replaced in the thread or the thread be deleted. Deleting of the OP in a thread is a horrible and dangerous precedent to allow, IMO.
The only solution, and I recommend everyone do it, is to immediately quote anything and everything he posts.Mr. Peabody's wondeful machine collects, but does not post until it's 6 months old.

Thankfully it was quoted and is now faithfully restored to it's full living color.

Apologies to those decent folks who posted butsince the thread has gone to hell, let's just close it for posterity, shall we?

I Love being me! :cool: