• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FELONS WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS?

Weak 9mm

imported post

It's illegal for a felon to own a firearm from my understanding. Thus it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a felon to have a gun. PERIOD.

Remember, laws physically prevent actions.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
The assertion by the BCPHGV is a trivial trick of rhetoric; make an unfounded universal statement, they cannot be proven false using common logic. 'All birds are white' requires that every bird be examined. If the statement is denied then they retort, "you missed such-and-so."

I would think to prove the statement about all birds are white, you need only find one bird that is not white. Why would you have to look at all birds? What am I missing?

As for the death-row inmatewith a CPL, one would only have to find one, to make true the statement that some death-row inmate's received a CPL. Yes, no?

hogleg

imported post

Hmm, knowing how these cats roll. It was probably due to someone being convicted on bad evidence and then being vindicated by DNA at a later time. So if they were cleared and the record expunged. It could be true that they were indeed on death row and now are now free, including free to own a firearm. Kind of an old post but throwing my cents around.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Yes and yes.

You examine all birds, there are too many birds for me to examine. If I reported that I had examined all birds and found them white then their retort would be that I must have missed the one black one.

Similarly, "no felon has a CWP," "aww, you must missed one."

In neither case do they specify the one existing that meets their requirement, just suggest that one exists.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Yes and yes.

You examine all birds, there are too many birds for me to examine. If I reported that I had examined all birds and found them white then their retort would be that I must have missed the one black one.

Similarly, "no felon has a CWP," "aww, you must missed one."

In neither case do they specify the one existing that meets their requirement, just suggest that one exists.
Exactly. Such assertions attempt to force us to prove a negative which is essentially impossible. This is why the burden of proof in fair, intelligent debate is upon the one making the assertion. Unfortunately, in the matter of 2A we are dealing with liberals and the MSM (I know, redundant) and therefore neither fair not intelligent is typically a part of their debating method.