• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun shop paints 'Hello Kitty' theme on real weapons

VAopencarry

imported post

Just another reason for people to bitch about guns. You point a fukin pencil at a cop and he is going to assume it is a gun. What cop (or anyone) is going to just stand there while somebody points a gun at them, in any color.

Oh, its not black it must be a toy. Next they will be crying about stainless slides I guess.

Pointman

imported post

See the studies at ForceScience about reaction time before you lay into officers for no reason. Most officers try to lower tension, not raise it.

Tomahawk

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
You point a fukin pencil at a cop and he is going to assume it is a gun.
Well, it just might be:

http://pengun.com/

bigfamily_s.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Pointman wrote:
Leo: Maybe you should get your emoticon put on the outside of your duty pistol grip toward the bottom, and the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant on the other.

NOTE to others: I'm funnin' with LEO, not making fun of him.
I want tomake mygun yellow like the Simpsons? :lol:

Then people will not take me so seriously!!
I didn't realize they took you seriously now? :p

Ziiiinnngggg :celebrate

XD Owner

imported post

And watch out for the cell phone gun! 4 rounds .22 in what looks like a cell phone.

cellphonegun1.jpg
cellphonegun2.jpg
cellphonegun3.jpg

The guns, which are capable of firing four rounds in quick succession, are believed to have been manufactured in Yugoslavia or Croatia. The "antennae" of the gutted phones function as gun barrels and numbers 5 through 8 on the keypad as triggers.
The images above, which show a cell phone gun being fired and disassembled to show the bullet chamber, are from a short video demonstration.... It appears to be authentic.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_cell_phone_guns.htm

imperialism2024

imported post

Huck wrote:
hsmith wrote:
While I don't think they should be banned, I don't believe it is good to allow children to play with "fake" guns.

I believe it diminishes the teaching of the respect one should have for real firearms, especially at a young age.

My brother, friends, and myself played with fake guns when we were young and we all grew up respecting realfirearms. We respected real firearms because our parents taught us about them, including the difference in how one handles a toy gun and a real one.

By age 7 or 8 we all had real ones anyway. (My first was a Winchester model 67a, bolt action .22)
The key is training in addition to the toy guns. Too many sh**ple parents are content with letting their kids have fake guns and run around and "shoot" each other with them, without providing any real firearm training. Then when the kids find a loaded shotgun in a friend's house that the kid's parents keep for defense (y'all already know my opinion of the "NRA-approved" storage techniques), and kills his friend with it because he didn't know that guns can fire bullets, there's a public outrage and cry for trigger locks and such.

When I was younger, my father always drilled into me how I shouldn't point fake guns at people, even while playing. I didn't understand it for a long time, but I obeyed him.
Makes sense now...

hsmith

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
The key is training in addition to the toy guns. Too many sh**ple parents are content with letting their kids have fake guns and run around and "shoot" each other with them, without providing any real firearm training. Then when the kids find a loaded shotgun in a friend's house that the kid's parents keep for defense (y'all already know my opinion of the "NRA-approved" storage techniques), and kills his friend with it because he didn't know that guns can fire bullets, there's a public outrage and cry for trigger locks and such.

When I was younger, my father always drilled into me how I shouldn't point fake guns at people, even while playing. I didn't understand it for a long time, but I obeyed him.
Makes sense now...

Pretty much what I wanted to say but didn't.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We all had toy guns when I was a kid back in the 70s. We pointed them at each other and some had built in sound effect (my lever action rifle with the "realistic" richocet sound), or caps or sometimes we just yelled BANG. Some had wooden cartridges, some were muzzle loaders with wooden ball, ramrod and single red cap instead of a percussion cap. We all knew they were toys.

We were also taught that a toy gun (which we could point at each other and play with) was different than a BB/pellet gun or real gun which we were to NEVER point at anything we did not wish to kill or destroy. And believe it or not, even at 6,7, 8 years old, we were capable of understanding the difference. But then our moms didn't have Oprah, Dr. Phil and The View. They actually understood that "boys will be boys" and that it is better to teach the differences than to deny male combat play because that male aggression/dominance inherent in our gene pool is going to come out one way or another. Better through safe play than through other anti-social activities. (We also knew that the boys who played soccer either had moms from a foreign country or moms who watched Donahue :p )