• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

yonder's first OC

acritical

imported post

Other than Bob Evans or Firehouse Subs, most places that I frequent serve alcohol.

I don't know if the Barbecue Lodge on Capital sells alcohol or not, but I do not think so. Could be mistaken. I know that Your House and Waffle House has signs about no weapons. Not in a good place.

Other than that, fast food places, including KFC and the one Bojangle's in Durham at 54/55.

I will keep my eyes open.

yonder

imported post

A locally owned & operated BBQ joint or something like that would probably be good. I am a bit leery about these big chain restaurants and their tender feelings about patrons defending themselves.

yonder

imported post

Barbecue Lodge Inc
4600 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 872-4755‎

I'll try to give them a call sometime this week and get a feeler for how open they are to this. I want to make sure they are ok with it so we don't show up and get turned away or have management call the cops and start a lot of unnecessary drama.

Weak 9mm

imported post

That sounds like a good plan, I haven't had BBQ in a while. Btw, I'm usually in southwest Raleigh, but I do venture up to Capitol Blvd and Six Forks Rd regularly, as well as Briar Creek.

CREEKCHUB

imported post

If ya’ll don’t mind, I’d like to go May 21. BBQ sounds good. I’m new to this forum and new to OC in NC. I open carry around the house, woods, to my shooting range and local gun store. I haven’t felt comfortable enough to go OC in the general public just yet. This get together would help me get over that uncomfortable fear of getting locked up by anti-gun people forever. I am forty min's north west of Raleigh.

sixteenxvi

imported post

for you bikers, got a bit of a suggestion.

i don't ride anymore, but when i did, i had this old chopper me and some friends had built out of parts. (triumph frame, kawasaki engine, honda handlebars ect.) to solve the " jacket hides the gun" problem, i found an old military issue flap type holster. (the vets in the forum will know what im talking about) and welded the ALICE hooks to the right side of the fuel tank, at the time i carried a 1911 knockoff. it worked and kept the gun where i wanted it until i got where i was going and took off my jacket, when i would move it to my hip, just an idea that worked for me, though unless your good with paint, or just don't care, welding may not be an option for you.