• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Springfield Area

8th ID

imported post

I'm just reading threads from other states to see what is going on in the OC world. I'm in KY and we are a preemptive state: No city, town, municipality, urban county government body can make stronger rules/ordinances that are more strict than our state constitution. And our state gun laws say that OC is legal. Yes, there are exceptions: schools, government buildings, etc. I was wondering what the law is in MIss.? If anyone happens to be traveling through Lexington, KY PM me...

brokenhawks417

imported post

hello, i live around halltown, i took the ccw course 2 years ago and passed it but never put in for it,just could not swallow the steep price. back home in alabama, it was only 25 bucks. i would like to meet up with other like minded people in the area.
i have been teaching my wife to shoot, she loves it

Superlite27

imported post

Welcome to OCDO!

You'll find that posts in the "stories from the states" section are pretty sporadic. However, that seems to be changing.

Due to Missouri's lack of preemption, OC is a crap shoot. Ever go to St. Louis? In some municipalities, you'd be just fine, others you'd be fine but get hassled by the cops anyway, and in a few you'd be arrested because of their ordinances.

Can you tell me where OC is legal and illegal in St. Louis?

Rather than navigate the minefield, I conceal it.

In places I know to be OC friendly, (or even unfriendly, but legal) I'll OC.

I live in BFE, but usually go to Troy or Bowling Green on the weekends to grocery shop/run errands. Been OC'ing for about two years in this area and word must have gotten around. After a couple of hassles about two years ago, I've had nothing but pleasant encounters with the local cops and sheriff deputies in this area.

I'm not going to try OC in Downtown St. Louis anytime soon.I'll be the one of the first,once Missouri passes full preemption.

JRock1999

imported post

Just joined the site, been a lurker for a bit. Located in Spfd, and have OC'd a few times, but still gettin comfortable with it. Wondering if anyone is still getting groups together, mabye show a little RKBA and business at Starbucks?