• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are the gangstas blogging

gzelmiami

imported post

I dont know if I'm losing my mind, but as I read all these posts here and there throughout several sites, I read tons of opinions from what I feel are honest law abiding Americans. Most are concerned about following the laws and concerned about ramifications in not obeying such laws. Many are ccw holders and some are not. I very much respect those in the open carry states who are excercising their rights in spite of of some uneasiness from some people. I am sure those concerned would be a lot safer in the face of some criminal walking in without anyone there to be able to make a stand.
But does anyone ever think that those who would do us harm don't bother to post comments, they dont respect gun free zones,They are not always keeping up with the latests law changes, they don't pressure their legislators, they don't apply for CCW permits, they are outlaws. I have never heard of a drive-by shooter, or a carjacker, or a home invasion robber carrying a CCW permit (or even a voter registration card). And yet our lawmakers for their own political and selfish feel-good views think that they should impose their anti-gun decisions on all law abiding Americans, all the while, criminals go on their merry way.
I pray that mainstream US Citizens will stand up this November and vote for a President that will not take away a God-given Constitutional right to self preservation.
I myself, will be with Mr Heston. "..from my cold dead hands"

LEO 229

imported post

I have seen stuff posted by some that seemed criminal in nature but they tried to "soften it up."

Some local members NEVER come to the OC gatherings either. ;)

But I doubt they are here to learn how they can OC. Gang members do not want to broadcast they are armed and often times have stolen guns. They are criminals and will CC since they do not care about breaking laws.

But I am not going to "rule it out" :D

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Advocating illegal activities is not acceptable on this forum. I also am pretty sure there are LE agencys watching this forum regularly and some LEOs posting here. So keep that in mind when you see something illegal or advocating something illegal posted here.

LEO 229

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
?????

I may be more dense than the rest of you, but who advocated illegal activity in this thread?
No clue....

Legba

imported post

I don't know that anyone is bragging about criminal activities or advocating them here, but the occasional 'scofflaw' attitude is evident in most gun forums at one time or another. Without being able to cite specifically, I recall seeing posts to the effect of "to hell with the courts, I'll carry without a permit if I want to" and "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" kind of stuff. I've had scrapes with the law and have said intemperate things in the heat of outrage, but nothing - I trust - which incited anyone to criminality. I think this site is above average in this 'gansta' respect. The moderators are good about weeding out blatant silliness.

-ljp

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agreed, but...

Legba wrote:
..."better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" kind of stuff.
This has to be put in context. Normally used to denote that in the heat of the moment, defense of your life is preferable to submitting to violent aggression.

LEO 229

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Agreed, but...

Legba wrote:
..."better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" kind of stuff.
This has to be put in context. Normally used to denote that in the heat of the moment, defense of your life is preferable to submitting to violent aggression.
Agreed... Often used to say.. I would rather live and be judged then to simply die at the hands of another. But when used in regards to police trying to stop or make an arrest on someone... not so good. :?

Others have made statements that are anti-government but we are fortunate to not have that many here.

I do not recall seeing anything that was straight up criminal.

XD Owner

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Go Ron Paul

As much as it would be "cool" for Dr. Paul to win, I advocate voting for Senator John McCain. He is much more a friend to us than Senators Bitter Obama or Clinton Assault Weapon Ban.

If the Republicans can at least control the White House, and keep at least 41 Senate seats, us gun owners will have a veto-proof and filibuster-proof situation.

Best wishes to John McCain in November.

Tomahawk

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Go Ron Paul

As much as it would be "cool" for Dr. Paul to win, I advocate voting for Senator John McCain. He is much more a friend to us than Senators Bitter Obama or Clinton Assault Weapon Ban.

If the Republicans can at least control the White House, and keep at least 41 Senate seats, us gun owners will have a veto-proof and filibuster-proof situation.

Go Ron Paul.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
?????

I may be more dense than the rest of you, but who advocated illegal activity in this thread?
No clue....
I meant on the forum not in this thread. But there have definitely been some post advocating stuff that is beyond the law. Whether it was from antis, agent provocateurs, or outlaws I can't say for certain, but I try to remove it before anyone gets any bad ideas from or about the forum.

sedjester

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
XD Owner wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Go Ron Paul

Go Ron Paul.
+1

I won't be voting for any of the other three mentioned. They don't deserve my vote.

LEO 229

imported post

longwatch wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
?????

No clue....
I meant on the forum not in this thread. But there have definitely been some post advocating stuff that is beyond the law. Whether it was from antis, agent provocateurs, or outlaws I can't say for certain, but I try to remove it before anyone gets any bad ideas from or about the forum.
Oh.. aight!!

imperialism2024

imported post

There's another dangerous sentiment that I've seen on other threads (not this one yet), and that is the idea that all people who break the laws of man are of the same class of criminal.

Yes, there are people who violate gun laws in the interest of inflicting harm on others. See gang members who buy stolen guns and carry them without licenses. Yet people who live in states like Illinois and New York, who can't legally buy or carry a gun, may choose to buy a stolen gun and carry it without a license in the interest of protecting their families. Being a "law abiding citizen" isn't much comfort as you watch your wife and kids get raped and killed in front of you... though the guilt may not last long if you're next.

It's especially ridiculous when one's actions would be perfectly legal in other states, while landing them numerous felonies in their home state. Especially when they should be legal anyway according to that scrap of paper that only the "crazy militia-type anti-government gun-nuts" care about anymore... ya know, the Constitution.

Granted, I understand why discussing "illegal" activity is taboo on this and other pro-gun forums, both from a prosecutorial standpoint as well as from a public opinion standpoint. And that's why I generally don't have a problem refraining from that discussion. But it sickens me how so-called pro-gun members will condemn others for breaking gun laws that are illegal in and of themselves... condemn them for speaking about it publicly, surely, but please don't dignify the traitors in our government who make these laws and the jack-booted thugs who enjoy enforcing them by implying that the persecution of individuals under gun control laws is somehow just.

swillden

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
It's especially ridiculous when one's actions would be perfectly legal in other states, while landing them numerous felonies in their home state.
Yeah. I think about this all the time when I travel to other states. I often take a gun with me, even if the only place I can legally have access to it is when I'm in my hotel room. I'm very careful to keep it unloaded, locked in a small gun safe stuffed in the trunk of the rental car where it's clearly inaccessible to me. When I leave the hotel room in the morning I lock the gun in my safe and then lock that in the hotel safe, then walk out into the streets of a big, unknown city.

The contrast with my life at home or the majority of states (which honor my permit) sometimes strikes me as surreal. Dropping my gun into a concealed holster and sauntering out the door, just as I do so frequently at home, would make me a felon in states I've visisted recently.

It gives me a lot of sympathy for people who choose to break such laws, even though I personally am very careful not to.

Luckily, my next business trip is to Florida.

dwilson9725

imported post

This is evident if we just look at Chicago. I saw in the news today that there were 36 shootings in Chicago and thats just over the weekend. How is that possible when guns are illegal in Chicago? Oh wait thats right Criminals break the law, so they don't really care about the gun laws do they? But they do know in Chicago that they will not get much resistance since good, honest, people are not allowed to carry.

sjhipple

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
There's another dangerous sentiment that I've seen on other threads (not this one yet), and that is the idea that all people who break the laws of man are of the same class of criminal.

Yes, there are people who violate gun laws in the interest of inflicting harm on others. See gang members who buy stolen guns and carry them without licenses. Yet people who live in states like Illinois and New York, who can't legally buy or carry a gun, may choose to buy a stolen gun and carry it without a license in the interest of protecting their families. Being a "law abiding citizen" isn't much comfort as you watch your wife and kids get raped and killed in front of you... though the guilt may not last long if you're next.

It's especially ridiculous when one's actions would be perfectly legal in other states, while landing them numerous felonies in their home state. Especially when they should be legal anyway according to that scrap of paper that only the "crazy militia-type anti-government gun-nuts" care about anymore... ya know, the Constitution.

Granted, I understand why discussing "illegal" activity is taboo on this and other pro-gun forums, both from a prosecutorial standpoint as well as from a public opinion standpoint. And that's why I generally don't have a problem refraining from that discussion. But it sickens me how so-called pro-gun members will condemn others for breaking gun laws that are illegal in and of themselves... condemn them for speaking about it publicly, surely, but please don't dignify the traitors in our government who make these laws and the jack-booted thugs who enjoy enforcing them by implying that the persecution of individuals under gun control laws is somehow just.

+1

Acts are either moral or immoral. Laws can be on the right or wrong side. I personally don't break laws and work hard to stay within the law (I'm something of a goody two shoes), but I don't shun or look down onthose who break bad laws either. Laws are here to enforce what is right, not the other way around. Any American who understands our history knows that the law is not the highest authority.

"Resistance to tyranny is service to God." -- T. Jefferson

Resist in any way that seems right to you, whether within the law as I do, or (peacefully) outside the law as others do, but resist we must.