• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chased/threatened tonight

chevy72blu

imported post

*** 3 year old bump - update on page 2***

Tonight I had a pretty scary encounter, at around 10 pm. My girlfriend and I took a trip down to the local 7-11 for a pack of smokes (I usually go alone at night for this very reason, but she insisted on coming with me). We dont live in a great part of Phoenix (on the W edge of Phoenix/Tempe, about 4 miles from ASU's main campus) in a nice, gated, patrolled apartment complex. There are a few trailer parks right across the street, and cops are frequently patrolling the area. You get the picture. Anyway, on the way back, I was being tailgated by about 10' by a car with its high beams on. I continued along just a bit over the speed limit before turning left onto the street that connects the 2 halves of my complex. Unbeknown 'st to me, my GF had flipped the car off as it passed (stupid move, for sure). I continue down the road and hear "They are chasing us" - in my rear view, I see the car reverse on the 2 way street, and chirp tire coming towards me. Not wanting to let them know where I lived, I proceeded past my gate and around the bend before stopping at the exit only gate where there is a lot of vehicle traffic. I considered loosing them, but being in my GF's FF stock 1.8L A/T Jetta, that probably wouldnt be as easy as it would be in my 72'. So, I pulled to the side of the road and rolled my window down as I now had 3 young hispanic men yelling at me. The passenger seemed to be the "tough guy" of the group and asked my why I flipped him off. I calmly told him I didnt, and my girlfriend said that she did. "Why!?" Because you were tailgating me with your brights on. "Well thats the only way it works. You know people get shot for **** like that every day!?" Are you going to shoot me? I responded. "DO YOU WANNA GET SHOT?" I'd love to get shot. Are you going to shoot me? (I realize I shouldnt have been egging him on at all, but I wasnt really thinking by this point). He started to reach down, but did not produce a firearm. My girlfriend by this point had already reached for her phone, written down the plate number, and held it to her ear. The passenger in the back seat said "She's getting her phone man, just go, he's scared." With that they sped off.

Im sure I didnt act the way I should have; as I said, I wasnt really thinking once the topic of being shot came up. I just figured there is no way this guy is going to pull out a piece and start shooting in front of the several cars that kept driving in and out. I stared him right in the eyes; my voice didnt waver, and I just tried to clearly present that I wasnt going to be intimidated by his threat. Had he actually produced a weapon, my tone would have changed as all I would be considering was getting my girlfriend safely away from the situation.

I ended up not calling the police. With it being as close as it was to my residence, him getting a very good look at my girlfriends vehicle, not actually seeing him with a gun, and the fact that it would most likely just be considered a road rage incident and the vehicle would only be stopped by absolute chance, I decided the risk outweighed the benefits. Sorry if you disagree with me; maybe im wrong. But, I figure that at best that vehicle would be pulled over within the next week or so, and it would obviously be clean at the time (im sure they went strait home and took any contraband out of it), resulting in possibly ******* someone off bad enough that they would want to come back, meanwhile I am un-protected. I still have the plate number and a solid description of the vehicle if you think I should call non-emergency tomorrow.

The event left me feeling... well.. scared. I shook it off alright, unlike my GF who was shaking for the next 30 minutes. I left the situation thinking damn I cant wait until I turn 21. I had no idea I could legally carry and would have been able to defend us if it came to it tonight.

Getting to the point of the post (sorry for the long story). Tonight I have been researching AZ's gun laws. I have determined from the Revised Statutes that, being over the age of 18 (im 19) and not a felon (nor meeting any of the other carry-preventing criteria) that I can legally possess and openly carry a weapon (handguns included) on my person as long as it is holstered and openly visible or partially visible (a lot of gray area here, thus I would OC with the weapon in plain view) as well as transport it in my vehicle as long as it is holstered or in the glove box (holstered as well, it seems). Unfortunately, I commute to ASU daily and would have to leave my weapon at home, but that is not where I am very concerned about needing it. That may not be the case soon though, after the events following the recent university shootings.

My dad has a Bersa 380 that I have gone and shot with him many times at a range. Im a naturally good shot and got my Boy Scouts marksman badge. lol. I plan on taking an 8 hour CCW course (in addition to a lot of time at the range), along with my girlfriend, before taking the burden of OC'ing. But, after tonight, I really feel the need to.

A few of my buddies' dads are gun nuts, and I plan on talking to them before I make a purchse (most likely through them). I figure a larger frame .380 or a 9mm would suit me well as a firtst weapon. I want to spend some trigger time with a .40 though, to see if I can handle it.

Im looking forwad to being a part of this forum, Ive been lurking around for a few hours and you seem like very decent, whole hearted, strict constructionist Americans; something I wish there were more of.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your problem - yes you should have reported it.

Learn your laws well - know the restrictions. Talk to knowledgeable friends.

It is better to avoid a problem than to have to react to it.

Remember that no one else is responsible for your safety - not even the police.
You are headed in the right direction. Good luck.

Yata hey

Decoligny

imported post

chevy72blu wrote:
I just figured there is no way this guy is going to pull out a piece and start shooting in front of the several cars that kept driving in and out.

Bad figuring on your part. If they were indeed gang members, and it was perchance a stolen car, they may have easily shot you and your girlfriend and driven off and abandoned the car before police were even notified.

Think before you engage anyone you don't know in an arguement of any kind. Especially if it involves threats of being shot.

FightingGlock19

imported post

"a gun will magically make me safe," is the vibe I'm getting from this thread.

There are three stupids - stupid people, stupid places, and doing stupid things.

I counted three -
1) The three in the other car (stupid people), although the gf is very, very borderline here.
2) Giving the other car the middle finger (stupid thing)
3) Stopping to converse w/#1 (stupid thing)

I, for one, am not impressed by the story. chevy72blu, you need to do some growing up & carry for the right reasons.

btw - a V-Dub is gonna do just fine getting off the X ...I know, my wife has a '01 2.0 5-speed ;)

Tomahawk

imported post

Your story is probably familiar to many of us, including the mistakes. If you start carrying a gun, you'll have to give up confrontation and trash-talking. The burden will be on you to avoid escalation.

Even if you don't carry, confrontation is usually a bad idea. As the poster said above, 3 guys with nothing to lose might be callous enough to just gun you down at the stoplight and drive off to McD's forsome chicken mcnuggets.

But we all live and learn, looks like you'r on the right track.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

first off welcome. Your story seems to be the typical phoenix ass munch road rage scenario.
1. Don't use hand gestures like your GF did.
2. Don't pull over for the offenders (Bad things can happen fast)
3. Do Drive until you find a policeman on patrol or just drive to the station ( I did this with a guy who was trying to ram my truck and following me all over, he did not realize we pulled into the police station parking lot till he was surrounded by pisses off cops.

Didn't have to even worry about pulling my sidearm out of the holster.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

chevy72blu,

Other posters havegiven you good advice above..

IMO, if your GF is going to escalate things by flipping off the instigators (even if they deserve it),SHE better be prepared to get out of the car and fight/shoot the people herself (take responsibility for/back upher own actions) or, expect that since you are the BF and supposed to "stand up for her" (even when she screws up) she will force YOU to get in harm's way.

I'm not saying the people folowing youwere not trash (they probably were) and could do with an ass-whipping (in order to learn how to be polite/civil/friendly drivers)but when things are escalated by the "victims" (even if the instigators deserve it) it has to be expected that some sort of violent confrontation will follow.

GFs and wives frequently put their BFs and husbands in hazardous situations because the latter have to "stand up for them" (partly because of the BF/husband relationship "duties"and partly because he has to "be a man") but some women don'tthink aboutthe possible tragic results for said BFs/husbands...or even themselves after the BF/husband is dealt with.

Point is, if anyone is going to "participate" in an escalating situation, he/she better also be prepared for rendering and/or receiving violence, even rendering/receivingdeath. If not, remaining "neutral" (no escalating words or gestures) in hopes of defusing the situationand trying to leave the scene/disengage/call the cops would be best. If that doesn't work and you are forced to deal with the instigators, thenyou SURE DO need to be armed because some people out there (road rage incidents) are extremely dangerous and WILL hurt/kill you.

You now seem to be aware of this need to be armed but still, be cautious about"escalating" things in the future even though you have a gun...you don't want to use it unless you really have to.

Personally, I'm all for eliminating trash from the road -- I had a close call myself a few weeks ago and was a heartbeat away from shooting the guy (and calmly I should say) right between the eyes -- so I am sure glad (and reminded why) I had a gun with me. And while I do try to avoid trouble, I will not let some POS get away with intimidating me and certainly not let him/them hurt me...so HE/THEY better be prepared forany "tragic results"coming THEIR way. But maybe that's just me. Others may prefer to be less "adversarial" in such situations.

-- John D.

chevy72blu

imported post

I really appreciate your replies.

I didnt write my story to impress anyone. I wrote an accurate account of what happened and wanted to get your take/criticism on it. Afterwards, I knew it was wrong, but,it didnt really sink in until several hours later that I could have lost my life in that encounter.

My reaction was stupid. So stupid it could have gotten us killed. I ended up staying up all damn night thinking about it. Hindsight is certianly 20-20. I should have been mentally prepared for a situation like this before it happened, and there were a wealth of alternative actions that I could have taken. It was the single most powerful learning experience I've ever had, and for that reason, I am glad it happened in a situation that everyone walked away from.

I am a very level-headed, mature, and responsible individual who does not act on impulse. Im not some "tough guy; take no crap from anyone" BS machismo type, attempting to make up for something I am lacking. I made an uneducated choice on what seemed like sound logic in a very stressful situation; that is not something I will not do twice.

I dont believe that a firearm will magically "make me safe"; that will be accomplished by a long list of things that I need to improve. I do however, believe it is an important part of taking an effort towards protecting myself and those close to me from individuals who's reason is not limited by common sense or fear of consequence. Carrying a sidearm would not have aided me in last nights confrontation, I knew that afterwards as well as I do now. Last night's connection to my decision to be trained with and obtain a weapon was the SERIOUS slap in my face that I need to take personal protection a lot more seriously.

Im going to pick up a second job so that I can support this decision. Can you reccommend where I can take classes on marksmanship/saftey/SD? I am going to have this budgeted and arranged before I make a weapon purchse. This is a responsibility that I do not under any circumstances take lightly.

Before this, I wasnt affraid enough. Put better, I wasnt remotely as alert as I should have been. Because of that, I now feel a strong sense of fear for myself and those that I love. Fear, I can fix through education. Not having a clue was fixed by what happened last night.

As for the V-Dub, I was being chased by a 96 or so Caddillac El Dorrado. Not a fast car, but quicker than the Jetta. My old chevy runs 11.90's on the motor... Would'nt have been more than a gear shift from confrontation avoided.

I hope I am welcome here as I learn more.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well , we get a lot of drive by posting here so we don't quite know take some posts. It's good to see you had a learning experience, and not a tragic one. Just educate yourself on all the laws here in AZ and get some good defense handgun training.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

chevy72blu wrote:
I really appreciate your replies.

I didnt write my story to impress anyone. I wrote an accurate account of what happened and wanted to get your take/criticism on it. Afterwards, I knew it was wrong, but,it didnt really sink in until several hours later that I could have lost my life in that encounter.

My reaction was stupid. So stupid it could have gotten us killed. I ended up staying up all damn night thinking about it. Hindsight is certianly 20-20. I should have been mentally prepared for a situation like this before it happened, and there were a wealth of alternative actions that I could have taken. It was the single most powerful learning experience I've ever had, and for that reason, I am glad it happened in a situation that everyone walked away from.

I am a very level-headed, mature, and responsible individual who does not act on impulse. Im not some "tough guy; take no crap from anyone" BS machismo type, attempting to make up for something I am lacking. I made an uneducated choice on what seemed like sound logic in a very stressful situation; that is not something I will not do twice.

I dont believe that a firearm will magically "make me safe"; that will be accomplished by a long list of things that I need to improve. I do however, believe it is an important part of taking an effort towards protecting myself and those close to me from individuals who's reason is not limited by common sense or fear of consequence. Carrying a sidearm would not have aided me in last nights confrontation, I knew that afterwards as well as I do now. Last night's connection to my decision to be trained with and obtain a weapon was the SERIOUS slap in my face that I need to take personal protection a lot more seriously.

Im going to pick up a second job so that I can support this decision. Can you reccommend where I can take classes on marksmanship/saftey/SD? I am going to have this budgeted and arranged before I make a weapon purchse. This is a responsibility that I do not under any circumstances take lightly.

Before this, I wasnt affraid enough. Put better, I wasnt remotely as alert as I should have been. Because of that, I now feel a strong sense of fear for myself and those that I love. Fear, I can fix through education. Not having a clue was fixed by what happened last night.

As for the V-Dub, I was being chased by a 96 or so Caddillac El Dorrado. Not a fast car, but quicker than the Jetta. My old chevy runs 11.90's on the motor... Would'nt have been more than a gear shift from confrontation avoided.

I hope I am welcome here as I learn more.
I can almost guarantee you that most everyone on this site has done something "stupid" in this are at sometime in their lives. I know I have. The point is you and your lady did not suffer the consequences and nothing came of it.. other than a good lesson. So all is well afterall.

When armed, you never want to percipitate or advance some altercation since such actions can work against you in a court of law. You always want to be perceived as the innocent party. Also, by appearing the innocent party to a group of young toughs, when the time comes to draw your weapon and use it, you will certainly be the one surprising them.. a nice tactical advantage (Clark Kent gets the upper hand).

You are surely welcome here and hopefully you'll learn and contribute much.

BTW, what do you have in your '72 Chevy? (I'm a gearhead, too).

Sa45auto

imported post

chevy72blu wrote:
Tonight I had a pretty scary encounter, at around 10 pm. My girlfriend and I took a trip down to the local 7-11 for a pack of smokes (I usually go alone at night for this very reason, but she insisted on coming with me). We dont live in a great part of Phoenix (on the W edge of Phoenix/Tempe, about 4 miles from ASU's main campus) in a nice, gated, patrolled apartment complex. There are a few trailer parks right across the street, and cops are frequently patrolling the area. You get the picture. Anyway, on the way back, I was being tailgated by about 10' by a car with its high beams on. I continued along just a bit over the speed limit before turning left onto the street that connects the 2 halves of my complex. Unbeknown 'st to me, my GF had flipped the car off as it passed (stupid move, for sure). I continue down the road and hear "They are chasing us" - in my rear view, I see the car reverse on the 2 way street, and chirp tire coming towards me. Not wanting to let them know where I lived, I proceeded past my gate and around the bend before stopping at the exit only gate where there is a lot of vehicle traffic. I considered loosing them, but being in my GF's FF stock 1.8L A/T Jetta, that probably wouldnt be as easy as it would be in my 72'. So, I pulled to the side of the road and rolled my window down as I now had 3 young hispanic men yelling at me. The passenger seemed to be the "tough guy" of the group and asked my why I flipped him off. I calmly told him I didnt, and my girlfriend said that she did. "Why!?" Because you were tailgating me with your brights on. "Well thats the only way it works. You know people get shot for **** like that every day!?" Are you going to shoot me? I responded. "DO YOU WANNA GET SHOT?" I'd love to get shot. Are you going to shoot me? (I realize I shouldnt have been egging him on at all, but I wasnt really thinking by this point). He started to reach down, but did not produce a firearm. My girlfriend by this point had already reached for her phone, written down the plate number, and held it to her ear. The passenger in the back seat said "She's getting her phone man, just go, he's scared." With that they sped off.

Im sure I didnt act the way I should have; as I said, I wasnt really thinking once the topic of being shot came up. I just figured there is no way this guy is going to pull out a piece and start shooting in front of the several cars that kept driving in and out. I stared him right in the eyes; my voice didnt waver, and I just tried to clearly present that I wasnt going to be intimidated by his threat. Had he actually produced a weapon, my tone would have changed as all I would be considering was getting my girlfriend safely away from the situation.

I ended up not calling the police. With it being as close as it was to my residence, him getting a very good look at my girlfriends vehicle, not actually seeing him with a gun, and the fact that it would most likely just be considered a road rage incident and the vehicle would only be stopped by absolute chance, I decided the risk outweighed the benefits. Sorry if you disagree with me; maybe im wrong. But, I figure that at best that vehicle would be pulled over within the next week or so, and it would obviously be clean at the time (im sure they went strait home and took any contraband out of it), resulting in possibly pissing someone off bad enough that they would want to come back, meanwhile I am un-protected. I still have the plate number and a solid description of the vehicle if you think I should call non-emergency tomorrow.

The event left me feeling... well.. scared. I shook it off alright, unlike my GF who was shaking for the next 30 minutes. I left the situation thinking damn I cant wait until I turn 21. I had no idea I could legally carry and would have been able to defend us if it came to it tonight.

Getting to the point of the post (sorry for the long story). Tonight I have been researching AZ's gun laws. I have determined from the Revised Statutes that, being over the age of 18 (im 19) and not a felon (nor meeting any of the other carry-preventing criteria) that I can legally possess and openly carry a weapon (handguns included) on my person as long as it is holstered and openly visible or partially visible (a lot of gray area here, thus I would OC with the weapon in plain view) as well as transport it in my vehicle as long as it is holstered or in the glove box (holstered as well, it seems). Unfortunately, I commute to ASU daily and would have to leave my weapon at home, but that is not where I am very concerned about needing it. That may not be the case soon though, after the events following the recent university shootings.

My dad has a Bersa 380 that I have gone and shot with him many times at a range. Im a naturally good shot and got my Boy Scouts marksman badge. lol. I plan on taking an 8 hour CCW course (in addition to a lot of time at the range), along with my girlfriend, before taking the burden of OC'ing. But, after tonight, I really feel the need to.

A few of my buddies' dads are gun nuts, and I plan on talking to them before I make a purchse (most likely through them). I figure a larger frame .380 or a 9mm would suit me well as a firtst weapon. I want to spend some trigger time with a .40 though, to see if I can handle it.

Im looking forwad to being a part of this forum, Ive been lurking around for a few hours and you seem like very decent, whole hearted, strict constructionist Americans; something I wish there were more of.

This is the third story in 2 days, from new posters that make me wonder.

Below I am re-posting my response from the other stories as it applies here, but first a couple of comments.

1. He references his "Boy Scout Marksman badge" There is no such badge. A scout would correctly call it a rifle shooting merit badge or a shotgun shooting merit badge.

2. This whole bit about a straw purchase through some "gun nut" budies of his dad...well.

Here is what I posted on the story about the .22 rifle that the magazine salesman didn't know about;

"Just some thoughts;

I know nothing about the validity of the above story, but it reminds me of something I have heard before.

On the old "Packing.org", not long before it went the way of all the world, there were a rash of new posters that posted these long intricate stories, where they almost had to use their gun.

They used a lot of buzz words in a story akin to what you would see in a creative writing class, where the person had done some research, and wanted to show off what they had learned.

It was the consensus that the stories were the work of one or more "wannabees". These wannabees always asked for comments at the end of their stories so that we would stroke their egos.

To make each story look a littl different he or she would alter their typing style by using all caps or all lower case, to much punctuation or to little, but there were always tell tale similarities.

We had a story on the forum, just yesterday, from a new member in Michigan, that had a lot of similarities to the one above.

In that story the poster had seen a woman being beaten. He had stopped and the mear sight of his holstered gun had sent th bad guys scampering off. It closed with the tell tale, "How did I do?"

Again these are just thoughts.

In closing, I just want to add;

Isaiah 29:4 w25-36,

...thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit...

Humm. Are we feeding a T?"

XD40coyote

imported post

Good thing this wasn't in Baltimore cityand it was 3 black thugs, they surely would have shot you. In factI know of some dingalings who once started crap with some of Baltimore's fine black gangbangers. The gangbanger types did something or another to piss off the driver, they stop at a light, male idiot tosses guacamole at their car, female idiot then has to zip around the streets to lose the gangbangers who were rather intent on catching these 2. She knew the streets well and being she was already a bitchy driver knew all the quick moves to make. This was back when I was in college, and they told me the story later, some time after it happened. All I could think was " damn you 2 are stupid". For some reason whenever these 2 got together it was plain mischief time. Thank goodness the time all 3 of us went to a shooting range with the guy's father, they did not endulge in such stupidity, however I am sure the woman pretended the targets were everyone she hates. She lived above me in the house we had apt's in, that's how I knew her. The guy was a fellow student. Though he DID do something embarassing the 2nd time I went shooting, this time just him, me and his dad, but was not life threatening. He was a very gay man and saw some "hot guy" driving some car and started going "woohoo" at him while he drove on a highway.

FightingGlock19

imported post

chevy72blu wrote:
I am a very level-headed, mature, and responsible individual who does not act on impulse.
you just contradicted your original post that started this thread :?

*edit - as posted above, learn & take defencive pistol classes from QUALITY instructors.

CCDW Permit class doesn't count as training :p

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

chevy72blu wrote:
Tonight I had a pretty scary encounter, at around 10 pm. My girlfriend and I took a trip down to the local 7-11 for a pack of smokes (I usually go alone at night for this very reason, but she insisted on coming with me). We dont live in a great part of Phoenix (on the W edge of Phoenix/Tempe, about 4 miles from ASU's main campus) in a nice, gated, patrolled apartment complex. There are a few trailer parks right across the street, and cops are frequently patrolling the area. You get the picture. Anyway, on the way back, I was being tailgated by about 10' by a car with its high beams on. I continued along just a bit over the speed limit before turning left onto the street that connects the 2 halves of my complex. Unbeknown 'st to me, my GF had flipped the car off as it passed (stupid move, for sure). I continue down the road and hear "They are chasing us" - in my rear view, I see the car reverse on the 2 way street, and chirp tire coming towards me. Not wanting to let them know where I lived, I proceeded past my gate and
I still have the plate number and a solid description of the vehicle if you think I should call non-emergency tomorrow.

Geez.

Iam glad you"still have the plate number and a solid description of the vehicle" because I do"think (you)should call non-emergency tomorrow". Please be sure to let us know what happens!

chevy72blu

imported post

Sa45auto - I find it hard to believe that you are calling me a troll. First time I have ever been called one, in fact. If there was a trolling response, it was yours (intending to start some sort of flame). I posted what actually happened to me. I really dont care if you "believe" me or not- I have recieved a lot of good info from this thread, and thats why I posted it. As for the merit badge - I was maybe 11 when I earned it at weekend camp (maybe it was a week long? Its been a long time) in which we target practiced with .22 rifles and studied gun safety. I stated that I would probably end up purchasing from a friend of my dad, not that I had. Never point/had a weapon, etc etc etc. Responding any more than this to your reply is feeding, I mean come on man. Im sure I'll prove my "authenticity" in time.

Edit*** I didnt know that you just C+P'd your reply into my thread. Sorry.

(quote)
I am a very level-headed, mature, and responsible individual who does not act on impulse.
you just contradicted your original post that started this thread :?
(/quote)

This is the only incident I can remember in the past several months that I did not act that way, albeit it was a big one. Do you think this makes me unqualified to be trained to use a firearm in addition to other SD? I understand your concern; my OP being your only reference to my character. Honestly, if at some time I have any inkling that I do not possess the maturity or responsibility to take this upon myself in the future, I will focus only on other means of SD. To do so otherwise, would just be reckless

(Quote)
*edit - as posted above, learn & take defencive pistol classes from QUALITY instructors.
CCDW Permit class doesn't count as training :p
(Quote)

I asked if anyone could recommend me someone in the AZ area for that very topic in my second post. I knew very little about what training was availible when I posted my first message, hence why I asked for advice.

As for reporting the incident, I still see it as more a risk on my part. I realize that it is a liability for these potentially "loose cannons" to be around and about in the city. But, I have no protection in the event of a home invasion and do not know what these individuals (or who they know) are capable of. Again, they got a good look at my vehicle/plate and I acted in a manner that indicated the complex that I live in.

Southernboy- Here is a build page of my truck, if you're interested. This is the name that I use on pretty much all forums. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=2361045#post2361045

Sorry for the goofy use of quotes.

Im really not trying to step on anyone's toes here. There is no reason to be adversarial. Again, I appreciate the advice im getting.

MetalChris

imported post

It'd be interesting if a mod would look up Parrothead and chevy72blu's IP addresses...something tells me they'd be the same...(unless of course they're using a proxy...)

chevy72blu

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
It'd be interesting if a mod would look up Parrothead and chevy72blu's IP addresses...something tells me they'd be the same...(unless of course they're using a proxy...)

What is up with this forum? Lol, if that will squash this rediculousness, please do just that.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Folks, they're not the same IP's or even the same state.

Come on, let's be nice. Yes, he screwed up and he admits that. We have alot of great people here with great advicebut if we keep this up, he won't be around here much longer to even listen to what we have to say.

Sa45auto

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Folks, they're not the same IP's or even the same state.

Come on, let's be nice. Yes, he screwed up and he admits that. We have alot of great people here with great advicebut if we keep this up, he won't be around here much longer to even listen to what we have to say.
Let me be the first to apologize for anything I said that was in anyway inaccurate.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

chevy72blu,

I wouldn't call you're reaction "stupid" because when most people (me too) are confronted by such low-lifeson the road the natural reaction is to give them back the same crap they are giving us. It's just that had things turned for the worse, your only option would have beentrying to escape by driving off, and possibly calling the police if you had a cell phone. Had that failed and they caught up to you -- if you didn't wreck your car/be seriously injured (or killed) trying to lose them -- you and your GF wouldhave been in big trouble.If you had a gun, you'd have two options.

Better yet, get your GF to carry also and you'd have not only two options next time, but also two guns!

We've been talking here of this particular type of incident, but there are all sorts of situations nowadays that the prudent person should prepare for, in part, by choosing to be armed at ALL times.

Good luck in that goal,

-- John D.