Thread: Employed by a bar, can carry. Looks like it to me.

Post imported post

Under the law below, subsection b(3), it would seem that when I play music in such establish and am paid by the venue, as long as I have not been drinking and have permission by the manager or owner, I would be okay to OC or CC. Being that it was a bar, I would probably CC just so some drunk doesn't grab it and start something stupid, but otherwise this would apply in either case, don't you think? Thoughts??

Thanks,
    Dave

§ 14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    (b) This section shall not apply to the following:
    (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;
    (2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;
    (3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and
    (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Post imported post

I agree with your interpretation, but am not a lawyer.

And let me also suggest you first talk it over with an attorney ($30 for initial 1/2 hr): http://www.ncbar.org/public/lrs/public.aspx

Post imported post

I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense based on how the law reads. Good to see you posting. How's the permit coming along?

Post imported post

Still waiting. Yesterday was the three week mark from when I turned it in to HGS. Depending on when they mailed it, I should get it next week!

Sorry not to be in touch, been VERY busy, and just kind of waiting until I got the 1911.

In the meantime, I got myself banned from the m1911.org forum (oops), but only after I learned that the site is based in Greece and the owner specifically states that on his site our 1st Amendment rights don't apply. I guess in Greece free speech isn't important.

DB

Post imported post

F them! http://www.1911forum.comis the way to go.

PS:

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    F them! http://www.1911forum.comis the way to go.

PS:

I just registered there too, thanks

Post imported post

It is legal as long as you get permission from the owner, and not the manager. Make sure the permission is in writing. If you can get it notarized, also, it looks much better if there are ever any questions asked as far as the validity of the document.