• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan: Registration Reform Heads to Senate!

Sheldon

imported post

got this in my e mail today...

Michigan: Registration Reform Heads to Senate!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Please Contact Your State Senator!

House Bill 4490

< http://tinyurl.com/4ug6og > passed the House on Wednesday April 16, by a vote of 98 to 10. Introduced by State Representative Paul Opsommer

(R-93) HB4490 would repeal the required "safety inspection" for newly obtained handguns. HB 4490 would also require law enforcement agencies to destroy "safety inspection" records on file. Current Michigan law requires anyone who comes into possession of a pistol to take it to the police or sheriff's department for a safety inspection. The requirement of a safety inspection is a burdensome waste of time for law-abiding gun owners and HB4490 will end that inconvenience. HB4490 will now head to the Senate were it could be taken up in the near future.

Please contact your State Senator and urge him or her to support this necessary piece of legislation. To contact your State Senator click here <http://www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main/state=MI&view=myofficials> .

Michigander

imported post

I'm pretty well positive it wouldn't do any good to contact my rep, but I'm still very excited. Michigan just keeps coming around on gun laws.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
I'm pretty well positive it wouldn't do any good to contact my rep, but I'm still very excited. Michigan just keeps coming around on gun laws.
It's always good to contact your rep, especially if they oppose the bill. It at leasts let them know someone in their district supports firearms and it make you feel good that you did something. You can email their office very easily. It's always nice to hear their BS replies which can be posted on this site for all to see.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

pbnationrc wrote:
I got to the NRA's website where you can contact your lawmakers but what ones do I contact. What ones have the power to vote about this and other things like it. Brandon
They all have a vote. Contact your rep even if they oppose it. Fun to see their responses.