• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you letter to all Veterans

Sunshine

imported post

My name is Marnie Mowles. I am the proud wife of a USMC 100% Total & Permanent disabled combat Viet nam Veteran. He served two tours in Nam with the 1/9, also known as ,"The Walking Dead."I would like to thank the Military men and women that have served and that are serving for my freedom and all you have done and are still doing for our country. I am forever grateful and you will never be forgotten by me. Y'all are my HEROES !!!I always make it a point to thank a Veteran and tell them how grateful I am for my freedom . Thanks to you all I am able to type this letter.

[align=left]I consider it an honor to tell people I am married to a USMC Vietnam Veteran. We have a 20 year age difference and he has been my rock for 14 years.I know I have taken a lot for granted but I started thinking just how lucky I am to have my freedom thanks to you all. Please know that you will never be forgotten by me.I told my husband if he should die before me I am going to dedicate my life to our Military men and women.[/align]
[align=left][font="'Palatino Linotype', serif"]Next time YOU look in the mirror You will see a HERO and that HERO is YOU !!![/font][/align]
[align=left][font="'Palatino Linotype', serif"]In all sincerity , I can honestly say , "I love you."[/font][/align]
[align=left][font="'Palatino Linotype', serif"]God Bless each and everyone of you.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font="'Palatino Linotype', serif"]F[/font]orever Grateful,[/align]
[align=left]Marnie Mowles[/align]

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Marnie,

Thank you for that sincere and heartfelt letter. My sincere thanks and gratitudeto your husband for his sacrifice. Myself (retired Navy '84 -'04) and many here not just vets, butresponsible citizens all,continue to fight dilligently for all of ourrights, and can only do so because men like your husband were willing to step up and serve his country when needed.

Sometimes all a man needs to succeed in life is the Love of a good woman. Sounds like he's got that and more andit sounds to me like you've already dedicate your life...

Keep the Faith and may God continue to Bless you both!

Bob

From Rudyard' Kipling's Tommy:

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

One of my favorite quotes is,

"They gave up their tomorrows that you might have today."

I cannot watch movies like Saving Private Ryan without getting very emotional during the most moving scenes. Heck, I even get choked up when the flag is raised during a football game to the sounds of the Star Spangled Banner. And reading books like Flags of our Fathers or The Bedford Boys gives me pause and causes much reflection. I have also stopped people who have served, or are currently serving, and thanked them for their service to our country.

Thank you maam for your letter and your sentiments. Your husband is a fortunate man to have you at his side. Man God's light continue to shine on you both.