• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy Resistance to King George III Day!

Tomahawk

imported post

On this day, in 1775, the Battle of Lexington and Concord was fought, marking the start of the War for Independence.

About 700 lobsterbacks marched out from Boston with orders to seize the colonists arms and powder stored at Concord.

Upon reaching Lexington green, they were met by 77 armed men, the local militia, who stood their ground for honor and then attempted to lay down their arms. Somebody fired a shot, and several of them were subsequently gunned down as they fled.

The British soldiers then marched onto Concord, where they were surprised and turned back by militiamen at the North Bridge. Retreating back to Boston, they waded through a hornet's nest of pissed-off farmers with privately-owned muskets, rifles, and fouling pieces (shotguns) the whole way.

So Happy Resistance to Tyranny Day, OCDO, and let it serve as both a lesson about the purpose of the 2A, and as a reminder that lots of people went to bat for our freedom a long time ago, so let's not dishonor them by blowing it.

Read about it all here, fascinating history.

Minuteman-250px.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Its also the 15th anniversary of the final assault on the Branch Davidians at Waco.

Check out some of the information David Hardy, attorney and 2A supporter, has pried out of the federal government by way of FOIA. I just spent some time looking it over. Lots of links I didn't look into because of time constraints. I knew things stank at Waco, but I had no idea of the magnitude. This really gives you an idea what some people in government can do.

Disclosure: some photos are not for the weak of stomach.

http://www.hardylaw.net/waco.html

His blog, www.armsandthelaw.com

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Happy RTKG3 Day to you too! I do remember, because last night was the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere! Twas the 18th of April in 75, hardly a man is now alive who remembers that famous day and year.

God Bless America!

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Its also the 15th anniversary of the final assault on the Branch Davidians at Waco.
Yes, well, discussing such things makes you "anti-LEO", so we'll just pretend it never happened and avoid having an honest discussion about it, lest we suffer the irony of having our pro-liberty thread locked.

For now, we'll just stick to 1775, which isn't politically incorrect to discuss quite yet.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
SNIP Twas the 18th of April in 75, hardly a man is now alive who remembers that famous day and year.
If you find one who does, let me know. I want his secretsfor a long memory. :)

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Yes, well, discussing such things makes you "anti-LEO", so we'll just pretend it never happened and avoid having an honest discussion about it, lest we suffer the irony of having our pro-liberty thread locked.

For now, we'll just stick to 1775, which isn't politically incorrect to discuss quite yet.
Jeez, trying to make it sound better by discussing those domestic terrorists of 1775? Didn't they know that the British just wanted to keep them safe? They should have just given up their guns, and gone through the proper legal means to get back their privileges. Their whole idea of an armed resistance was outdated and irrelevant. They shouldn't have even had guns, because guns cause crime. Especially those military-style high-powered Assault Muskets that fire special Jacketed Hollow Point (the gun nuts think their bullets get cold, so they put jackets on them) Cop-Killer bullets from CLIPS that seek out small children and kill them... in front of their parents, of course, and leave an exit wound shaped like an upside-down cross. Hell, those domestic terrorists should have been happy that the British gave them the privilege to stay alive, those ungrateful swine.

Just for the record, no, I don't work for BATFE, DHS, or any other "Federal" government agency, it was merely in jest. We need patriots like we had in the late 18th century now more than any other time in our history, almost more than we needed them in the Revolutionary War. They were true Americans.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Patriot is on right now. Not the most historically accurate movie ever, but very powerful in many regards about the very things being discussed.

Thundar

imported post

Yes it is ironic that the shot heard round the world and the Branch Davidian Massacre happened on the same day.

At Lexingtonthe seizure of guns was met by militia resistance and the tyrant retreated.

At Wacothe tyrant laid siege to a church and eventually laid waste to those that sought refuge from tyranny, killing innocent women and children.

Do we still enjoy the freedoms that our ancestors fought and died for or are we just a bunch of zombies toiling under the yoke of tyranny?.

Tomahawk

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Yes it is ironic that the shot heard round the world and the Branch Davidian Massacre happened on the same day.

At Lexingtonthe seizure of guns was met by militia resistance and the tyrant retreated.

At Wacothe tyrant laid siege to a church and eventually laid waste to those that sought refuge from tyranny, killing innocent women and children.

Do we still enjoy the freedoms that our ancestors fought and died for or are we just a bunch of zombies toiling under the yoke of tyranny?.
Like I said, we can't really talk about that, because that's exercising the wrong version of "free speech". We probably shouldn't even be comfortable when we talk about resisting redcoats. After all, those young Brits in the king's service were just doing their job, right?

MetalChris

imported post

expvideo wrote:
nitrovic wrote: Why aren't you banned yet?
A very good question...I don't think there is a ban function on this forum...

Makes PHPBB look more and more attractive each and every day! :celebrate