Thread: New to OC

Post imported post

I'm new to the idea of OC and with all thats been going on It's been nagging me since I heard the about the VT shooting. What really got me is when I visited my brothers family we went shooting. The subject had never come up before I know them quite well. We started talking and every single one of them including the woman pulled out their handguns to show them to me :what:. It was so cool virtually all of them carry a handgun. Feel pretty safe when I visit now hehe. I thought man I gotta quit thinking about doing it someday and just get my CWP and start packing.

I've got a Colt King Cobra my dad bought for me when I was a teen and I'm thinking of using that to OC and my new CZ 40p for CC. I've been looking around on websites for a holster for my Cobra and I came across the Galco Phoenix Dual Position Belt Holster , anyone here have any experience with this or know of a better leather holster for my Colt King Cobra 6"? Also any suggestions for a cc holster for my CZ 40p would be much appreciated.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forums.

As far as suggestions for holster the only thing I can say is to find a shop that will let you try them, with an unloaded firearm of course, and find one that you are comfortable with. In my experience with Galco I have not found one that I did not like yet. The CC holsters are a different story. I have had some that I absolutely hated and some that I loved.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40