• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC Guns on campus

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I can't believe this 'chick' (I won't call her a woman) thinks that because HER daughter was shot, that she somehow knows that people are going to just freeze and do absolutely nothing.. And even if they DO, what HARM does that do?

I don't like talking about it much, but I HAVE been in a situation where I had the potential to kill someone,an ex roommate broke into my old apartment, and came at me with a razor, I was lucky to have my survival knife still sitting on the floor (I had just gotten back from a backpacking trip the day before), I tried to talk him out of it, but he was so hopped up on #%(& and he rushed me so.... I received some superficial cuts, he didn't fare too well, but didn't die. I never ONCE thought 'I could die'. My SOLE purpose in life, at that very instant, was to remove the threat... It's hard to articulate what was going through my mind, but I'd call it gut instinct... an overwhelming 'caveman' feeling of 'NO! YOU WILL NOT HURT ME!'...

And yet.. this :cuss: wants to sit here and say that EVERYONE is gonna get shellshocked and NOONE should be carrying? Are police superhuman or some shit?!

Hell, lets even go with one of the anti's scenario of someone accidentally being shot by the 'good guy'... Fine, so an 'innocent' person died, sucks, but that's 1 or maybe 2 instead of 30 or 50. So, instead of blaming the psychopath who came in shooting, lets blame the 1 guy who PREVENTS the psychopath from killing more people, but accidentally shoots someone else too.. :?