Thread: Took my CCW class today, the verdict is....

Post imported post

... I still plan on OC. While the instructor did his best to talk up all the CC propaganda (tactical advantage, concealed means concealed etc). I asked during a break, "Do you CC much? Especially in this weather?" (we're hitting the low nineties these days). His answer, "I usually open carry, no matter what time of year, but with my CCW, I can wear a coat in the winter without worrying about inadvertantly breaking the law." :celebrate

Post imported post

+1

I wish I could OC much more - stupid no pre-emption and city ordinance prohibiting ... gggrrrr
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    +1

I wish I could OC much more - stupid no pre-emption and city ordinance prohibiting ... gggrrrr
    IIRC the only place in AZthat the city isn't pre-empted is in regards to city parks- and even then, they can't pre-emptaCCW holder. Go Figure.

Post imported post

I love virginia for that very reason. Walk in with coat on. Get hot? Take coat off.

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    While the instructor did his best to talk up all the CC propaganda (tactical advantage, concealed means concealed etc).
    Why bother? I mean, you're already in the class, which means you've already decided to acquire a CCW permit. There's no need to try to sell you on CC as opposed to OC, is there?

Post imported post

CCW Permit is required to be an Arizona Ranger (I am now officially a prospect pending the receipt of my permit).I think they use it to take care of the background check but I'm not sure. But they all open carry from what I can tell.Of course, when they're onduty, they carry in a duty holster.Anyhow, since it's a CCW class, he had to be a CC evangelist as there were some non-rangers in the class who were just taking it for the sake of having the CCW.