• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Took my CCW class today, the verdict is....

Dahwg

imported post

... I still plan on OC. While the instructor did his best to talk up all the CC propaganda (tactical advantage, concealed means concealed etc). I asked during a break, "Do you CC much? Especially in this weather?" (we're hitting the low nineties these days). His answer, "I usually open carry, no matter what time of year, but with my CCW, I can wear a coat in the winter without worrying about inadvertantly breaking the law." :celebrate

Dahwg

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
+1

I wish I could OC much more - stupid no pre-emption and city ordinance prohibiting ... gggrrrr :cuss:
IIRC the only place in AZthat the city isn't pre-empted is in regards to city parks- and even then, they can't pre-emptaCCW holder. Go Figure.

Euromutt

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
While the instructor did his best to talk up all the CC propaganda (tactical advantage, concealed means concealed etc).
Why bother? I mean, you're already in the class, which means you've already decided to acquire a CCW permit. There's no need to try to sell you on CC as opposed to OC, is there?

Dahwg

imported post

CCW Permit is required to be an Arizona Ranger (I am now officially a prospect pending the receipt of my permit).I think they use it to take care of the background check but I'm not sure. But they all open carry from what I can tell.Of course, when they're onduty, they carry in a duty holster.Anyhow, since it's a CCW class, he had to be a CC evangelist as there were some non-rangers in the class who were just taking it for the sake of having the CCW.