• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had no idea OC was legal in Ohio

BigRick

imported post

Hello to all

I lived 40 years of my life in Ohio and had no idea it was legal to OC! How long has this been legal?

I have lived in Arizona for 7 years and OC everywhere (where legal), I am very comfortable and actually feel naked without my weapon (Glock 19). I have a trip planned to the suburbs of Cleveland Ohio in June and am looking for advice on OC'ing while visiting.

p.s. I am originally from Cleveland and spent many of my years in Eastlake :shock:, my grandchildren's father was gunned down last year in Cleveland, a drive by. :cuss:Thus I am wary of crime in those areas I will be visiting.

As an FYI, I have found that OC is the number one Anger Management tool I have ever learned to use! When OC or CC you simply can't go off the deep end andfight or argue.

BigRick

imported post

:banghead:

I was an avid hunter in my younger years, I cannot recall one time any hunter ever speaking of OC let aloneCC. Although, back then I would carry my rifle/shotgun everywhere during season via vehicle or gun sling.

Ohio Patriot

imported post

It should be kept in mind that there is no law in Ohio that says "OC is legal." Why? Because that's not the way our laws work. Laws do not give you permission to do things- they prohibit you from doing things.

You can do anything you want, as long as there is not a law that says you can't. In the case of OC, there is no law that says OC is illegal, thus it is automatically legal.

So when someone asks, "Is it legal for you to openly carry a gun?" the correct response is, “"There is no law that says I can't open carry. Therefore I can." This answer will reinforce the notion that laws are only prohibitive in nature.