Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: My First (non-police) Hostile Encounter

  1. #1
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    I waited until mid-afternoon for my five mile walk around Wright Park because it was so damn cold this morning. After about four laps and passing dozens of people, a woman sitting in the passenger side of a car parked at the curbyelled out at me, “Hey! Why do you have your gun exposed!?” A man that was with her was saying something too, but I couldn’t make it out. Well, I wasn’t going to stop to discuss it with her being so obviously hostile so I just continued on my way. Behind me I could hear her frantically hissing into her cell phone, “…but he’s wearing it exposed!” I suppose she was on with TPD and they were telling her they wouldn’t come, but I can’t be sure.

    Now, it is not my desire to upset anyone, and I would be bothered if I were doing something that truly upset someone, but like I said I passed dozens of people who seemed completely indifferent to it. This woman got herself all worked up into a lather. The people who actually were breaking the law (dogs off leash, people not cleaning up after their dogs, one public urinater, and several illegally parked cars) didn’t seem to bother her, but the sight of my gun did. She obviously wasn’t frightened by me or she never would have verbally accosted me in the hostile way she did.

    I was expecting a visit from the police and as I came around the corner I saw a TPD car way up at the far end of the park going through the light and away from the park. I finished up my last lap and a half and walked home.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    No longer in Alexandria, Egypt
    Posts
    2,798

    Post imported post

    Ah...OC! The great hypocrite, control freak and irrational behavior detector at work!

  3. #3
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    Ah...OC! The great hypocrite, control freak and irrational behavior detector at work!
    +1. Keep up the good OC down there Mainsail!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristow, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    491

    Post imported post

    BobCav wrote:
    Ah...OC! The great hypocrite, control freak and irrational behavior detector at work!
    Great Discription as OC does that VERY THING!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    She was being a bitch. If she was scared of you she wouldn't have gone out of her way to attract your attention. It's always a-holes like that who are the ones to call the cops on you.

    Tony's Seven in Va.: the cop-caller argued with the OC'rs first and finished his dinner before calling the cops.

    Burke Lake Park in Va.: the two numbskulls who called the cops on me drove up next to me to talk to me first in a bogus conversation so they could get a closer look at my pistol, and then made several drive-bys while obviously staring at me and talking on the phone.

    Calling the cops on people who aren't doing anything wrong is a way to exercise power over someone who is doing something you disapprove of, and allowing to pat yourself on the back forbeing such a good little tool.

    F' her and the horse's ass she rode in the car with.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    +1!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post

    "Why are you wearing it exposed?"

    Well, it keeps the lions away.

    But there are no lions here

    See, it works doesn't it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    "Why are you wearing it exposed?"

    Well, it keeps the lions away.

    But there are no lions here

    See, it works doesn't it.
    LOL. I'll have to remember that one.

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    Funny. My guess is she was a nutcase trying to get attention. Crazy you know what...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    Calling the cops on people who aren't doing anything wrong is a way to exercise power over someone who is doing something you disapprove of, and allowing to pat yourself on the back forbeing such a good little tool.

    +2
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    City of Angeles - San Fernando Valley, California, USA
    Posts
    158

    Post imported post

    I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD.

  12. #12
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    LeagueOf1607 wrote:
    I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it in not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD.
    Definition of "Sheeple"?...
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  13. #13
    Regular Member thebastidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, USA
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    "But here in CA it is not a right yet "

    Oh, but it is. Rights are not granted by laws, and even when they are not recognized by law, they still exist.
    Be prepared. Be very prepared.

    http://swwsurplus.com/ *** 2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98661 *** 360.314.6687
    http://www.facebook.com/SouthWestWashingtonSurplus *** https://twitter.com/SWWSurplus

  14. #14
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Nosrac wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    "Why are you wearing it exposed?"

    Well, it keeps the lions away.

    But there are no lions here

    See, it works doesn't it.
    LOL. I'll have to remember that one.
    +2

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    LeagueOf1607 wrote:
    I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD.
    Gee, I wasn't aware that Kalifornia no longer belonged to the United States and the US Constitution didn't apply there anymore. Silly me.

  16. #16
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    LeagueOf1607 wrote:
    I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD.
    Gee, I wasn't aware that Kalifornia no longer belonged to the United States and the US Constitution didn't apply there anymore. Silly me.
    According to some California Lawmakers they don't, and it doesn't.

    And then, if you ask some of their Hispanic residents, California is still part of Mexico. It was stolen from them after the Texas Revolution.


    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    amlevin wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    LeagueOf1607 wrote:
    I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD.
    Gee, I wasn't aware that Kalifornia no longer belonged to the United States and the US Constitution didn't apply there anymore. Silly me.
    According to some California Lawmakers they don't, and it doesn't.

    And then, if you ask some of their Hispanic residents, California is still part of Mexico. It was stolen from them after the Texas Revolution.

    Oh, so now you are gonna believe a politician? California lawmakers by definition, are their lips moving?,are liars. The ******** need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr wrote:
    "Why are you wearing it exposed?"

    Well, it keeps the lions away.

    But there are no lions here

    See, it works doesn't it.
    Best answer ever! I am going to have to use this one! :celebrate

  19. #19
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    The ******** need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.
    Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.
    +1

    Ya know mainsail, between your scanner reports and level-headedness, you are becoming one of my favorite authors on these boards!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spokane, WA, ,
    Posts
    639

    Post imported post

    ScottyT wrote:
    Trigger Dr wrote:
    "Why are you wearing it exposed?"

    Well, it keeps the lions away.

    But there are no lions here

    See, it works doesn't it.
    Best answer ever! I am going to have to use this one! :celebrate
    +1

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    The ******** need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.
    Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.
    Sonny, we have way more ******** in the country than legals and as long as they are illegal I will speak badly of them as I do any other criminal. And if you are an example of an intellegent person this forum is hurtin'.

  23. #23
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    I I suppose she was on with TPD and they were telling her they wouldn’t come, but I can’t be sure.
    +1 for the TPD dispatcher. You might want to consider writing a letter to the department.

    Positive reinforcement is a great way to encourage better interaction between law enforcement and gun owners!



  24. #24
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    The ******** need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.
    Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.
    Sonny, we have way more ******** in the country than legals and as long as they are illegal I will speak badly of them as I do any other criminal. And if you are an example of an intellegent person this forum is hurtin'.
    Bear,

    I understand your frustration and anger with illegal immigrants and the mockery they are making of our laws.

    Having said that, the term "********" is NOT apopropriate for this forum! You may feel free to curse "illegals" as much as you want but "********" is a term that degrades an entire group of people including many fine American citizens and fellow gun owners.

    This forum is a welcoming home to all who believe in the RKBA regardless of race, sex, or sexual orientation. I would hate for an hispanic person to see this term in the first thread they view on OCDO!

    Please understand that I am not attacking you personally. As I said earlier, I understand what you are really trying to say. Illegal immigration is one of the biggest problems we as a nation are facing. But ... we must address the real problem and not attack our fellow citizens while doing so.

    Thanks for letting me get up on my soapbox.


    John

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    The ******** need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.
    Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.
    Sonny, we have way more ******** in the country than legals and as long as they are illegal I will speak badly of them as I do any other criminal. And if you are an example of an intellegent person this forum is hurtin'.
    Bear,

    I understand your frustration and anger with illegal immigrants and the mockery they are making of our laws.

    Having said that, the term "********" is NOT apopropriate for this forum! You may feel free to curse "illegals" as much as you want but "********" is a term that degrades an entire group of people including many fine American citizens and fellow gun owners.

    This forum is a welcoming home to all who believe in the RKBA regardless of race, sex, or sexual orientation. I would hate for an hispanic person to see this term in the first thread they view on OCDO!

    Please understand that I am not attacking you personally. As I said earlier, I understand what you are really trying to say. Illegal immigration is one of the biggest problems we as a nation are facing. But ... we must address the real problem and not attack our fellow citizens while doing so.

    Thanks for letting me get up on my soapbox.


    John
    Is not the term "*******" a correct description of what they are? If you think calling a rose by other name changes anything then you are too PC to own guns in the real world. Have fun voting for Oboma or Hillary. Now we have to speak nice of criminals? Pretty much shows how confused some people are, don't speak the truth whatever you do. It's better to lie. Some policy to live by, I really have to question people's honesty when they insist on PC conduct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •