• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First (non-police) Hostile Encounter

Mainsail

imported post

I waited until mid-afternoon for my five mile walk around Wright Park because it was so damn cold this morning. After about four laps and passing dozens of people, a woman sitting in the passenger side of a car parked at the curbyelled out at me, “Hey! Why do you have your gun exposed!?” A man that was with her was saying something too, but I couldn’t make it out. Well, I wasn’t going to stop to discuss it with her being so obviously hostile so I just continued on my way. Behind me I could hear her frantically hissing into her cell phone, “…but he’s wearing it exposed!” I suppose she was on with TPD and they were telling her they wouldn’t come, but I can’t be sure.

Now, it is not my desire to upset anyone, and I would be bothered if I were doing something that truly upset someone, but like I said I passed dozens of people who seemed completely indifferent to it. This woman got herself all worked up into a lather. The people who actually were breaking the law (dogs off leash, people not cleaning up after their dogs, one public urinater, and several illegally parked cars) didn’t seem to bother her, but the sight of my gun did. She obviously wasn’t frightened by me or she never would have verbally accosted me in the hostile way she did.

I was expecting a visit from the police and as I came around the corner I saw a TPD car way up at the far end of the park going through the light and away from the park. I finished up my last lap and a half and walked home.

Tomahawk

imported post

She was being a bitch. If she was scared of you she wouldn't have gone out of her way to attract your attention. It's always a-holes like that who are the ones to call the cops on you.

Tony's Seven in Va.: the cop-caller argued with the OC'rs first and finished his dinner before calling the cops.

Burke Lake Park in Va.: the two numbskulls who called the cops on me drove up next to me to talk to me first in a bogus conversation so they could get a closer look at my pistol, and then made several drive-bys while obviously staring at me and talking on the phone.

Calling the cops on people who aren't doing anything wrong is a way to exercise power over someone who is doing something you disapprove of, and allowing to pat yourself on the back forbeing such a good little tool.

F' her and the horse's ass she rode in the car with.

Trigger Dr

imported post

"Why are you wearing it exposed?"

Well, it keeps the lions away.

But there are no lions here

See, it works doesn't it.

Flintlock

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Calling the cops on people who aren't doing anything wrong is a way to exercise power over someone who is doing something you disapprove of, and allowing to pat yourself on the back forbeing such a good little tool.
+2

cato2

imported post

I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD. :banghead:

just_a_car

imported post

LeagueOf1607 wrote:
I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it in not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD. :banghead:
Definition of "Sheeple"?...

Bear 45/70

imported post

LeagueOf1607 wrote:
I find it ironic that where it is a Right you all get antis calling the PD. But here in CA it is not a right yet andsincevery few carry guns, when they do see an OCer they assume it is OK and legal because your doing it and don't call the PD. :banghead:
Gee, I wasn't aware that Kalifornia no longer belonged to the United States and the US Constitution didn't apply there anymore. Silly me.
rolleyes.gif

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
LeagueOf1607 wrote:
Gee, I wasn't aware that Kalifornia no longer belonged to the United States and the US Constitution didn't apply there anymore. Silly me.
rolleyes.gif
According to some California Lawmakers they don't, and it doesn't.

And then, if you ask some of their Hispanic residents, California is still part of Mexico. It was stolen from them after the Texas Revolution.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
LeagueOf1607 wrote:
rolleyes.gif
According to some California Lawmakers they don't, and it doesn't.

And then, if you ask some of their Hispanic residents, California is still part of Mexico. It was stolen from them after the Texas Revolution.
Oh, so now you are gonna believe a politician? California lawmakers by definition, are their lips moving?,are liars. The wetbacks need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.
rolleyes.gif

Mainsail

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
The wetbacks need to learn that when you loss the war you lose the dirt too.

Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.

ScottyT

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Please confine your bigotry to threads that you start. Your salacious comment has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I began and is inappropriate in a forum where intelligent people come to discuss the open carry of firearms in Washington.
+1

Ya know mainsail, between your scanner reports and level-headedness, you are becoming one of my favorite authors on these boards!