• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have to move to IL this summer for a job...

Ruiner

imported post

:( :( :(

I'm taking an Internship with Allstate Insurance and will be moving there for the summer.

To say the least, I'm not very happy my Sig 229R will not be accompanying me anywhere. From what I've read, I don't even think I'll be bringing my weapons with me due to the strict rules around the Chicago area. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Going to be in North Brook, IL ( north of Chi-Town )

Just wanted to share. Anyone else in Chi-Town area?

Flintlock

imported post

Ruiner wrote:
:( :( :(

I'm taking an Internship with Allstate Insurance and will be moving there for the summer.

To say the least, I'm not very happy my Sig 229R will not be accompanying me anywhere. From what I've read, I don't even think I'll be bringing my weapons with me due to the strict rules around the Chicago area. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Going to be in North Brook, IL ( north of Chi-Town )

Just wanted to share. Anyone else in Chi-Town area?

Not anywhere near Illinois, but just wanted to say congratulations on your internship and also my condolences on your upcoming disarmament.

Be safe.

squarepeg

imported post

I live just inside Indiana not too far off I80. If you want I could hold on to your gun for free and you could pick it up quickly when you re-enter Indiana. :) Congrats on the internship. It will help you get a good job when you get out of college.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

West Lafayette. I'm one of the few in my family to not go to Purdue.

Chicago was a wonderful city. I lived in Evanston for a few years and spent a lot of time in Chicago in the few years afterwards. That was around 20 years ago and I wasn't so much into firearms at the time. I haven't been there in several years. If you can keep from getting mugged (I was the almost victim of 2 attempted muggings) and don't get shot (only time I have had a gun in face was in Chicago) there are a lot of neat things to see. Neat museums, the aquarium and some great wreck diving in Lake Michigan. If it wasn't for the politics I would probably still love it.