• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anchorage crime map

Flintlock

imported post

This is a crime map that is updated daily that I got off of KTUU's web site.

It's a good thing to check up andsee what kind of shenanigans are going on in your area of town for you fellowAnchorageites!!

Be safe and alwaysbe prepared.

http://crimemap.muni.org/

Flintlock

imported post

A shooting occurred yesterday near theLake Otis Parkway and when the gunman was on the loose, they evacuated several homes in the area until he was caught. What are your thoughts on that? I am not sure I would take kindly to having to evacuate my home because of a loose gunman.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/381998.html

Flintlock

imported post

http://www.adn.com/crime/story/431684.html

Fear: The chances of becoming a crime victim
[font="VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA, SANS-SERIF"][size=-1][/size][/font]

[font="VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA, SANS-SERIF"][size=-1](06/10/08 00:02:16)

Are you afraid?
According to a newly released survey by the University of Alaska Anchorage's Justice Center, one in six Anchorage residents report that fear of crime limits the way they live their lives. Roughly the same number said they were afraid they or members of their households would be victimized.
Still, most Anchorage residents polled said they have little or no fear of crime in their neighborhoods. Eight percent of respondents said they had been violently victimized in their neighborhoods, but nearly all said they take precautions against crime infiltrating their homes. The most frequent precautionary measure was locking doors, followed by using outside lighting systems, owning guns and keeping dogs, in that order.
The "Anchorage Community Survey, 2007" drew a response rate of better than 50 percent, with 1,772 responses coming in by mail or online. Most of the respondents (almost 60 percent) were women and over age 45 (55 percent). Questions weren't limited to public safety, though. They ranged from other quality-of-life issues to how race factors into life here and how well their neighbors get along.
-- James Halpin, Anchorage Daily News

[/size][/font]