Thread: National Park Carry

Post imported post

I'm so excited that we will soon be able to carry in National Parks.When it passes I'mgoing to take a few weekends hiking with my sidearm.

I just bought my annual pass on Saturday. I figure if the Dept. of Interior is going to respect my right to carry I'll contribute the $80 for the pass, and spendmore time in ournational parks.

I can't wait to pull up to the entrance gate at Zion on my motorcycle while open carrying legally. :celebrate

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/News....aspx?ID=10651

Post imported post

If it happens... there has been substantial opposition. Somewhat surprisingly to me, the bulk of the opposition has come from park rangers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, police organizations have traditionally opposed concealed carry as well (though the lack of negative result seems to have changed some of their minds -- and plenty of individual cops have always been supportive).

The latest is that they're asking for the decision to be delayed until after the Supreme Court rules on DC vs Heller.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and providing my opinion at every opportunity, but it's far from a done deal.