• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Carry

combatcarry

imported post

I'm so excited that we will soon be able to carry in National Parks.When it passes I'mgoing to take a few weekends hiking with my sidearm.

I just bought my annual pass on Saturday. I figure if the Dept. of Interior is going to respect my right to carry I'll contribute the $80 for the pass, and spendmore time in ournational parks.

I can't wait to pull up to the entrance gate at Zion on my motorcycle while open carrying legally. :celebrate

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=10651

swillden

imported post

If it happens... there has been substantial opposition. Somewhat surprisingly to me, the bulk of the opposition has come from park rangers. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, police organizations have traditionally opposed concealed carry as well (though the lack of negative result seems to have changed some of their minds -- and plenty of individual cops have always been supportive).

The latest is that they're asking for the decision to be delayed until after the Supreme Court rules on DC vs Heller.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and providing my opinion at every opportunity, but it's far from a done deal.