• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Prescott

JesseL

imported post

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for awhile but this is my first post. I live in Prescott and have OC'd pretty regularly ever since I bought my first handgun at 21 (I'm not quite 30 now). It's never caused me any hassles, I don't know if I've just been lucky or if it's just the social climate here. Either way, I'm not complaining :).

Here's a pic of me with my son at last weekend's downtown car show:
OCatcarshow.jpg

Rodasj

imported post

Thats very nice. I have always wanted to open carry in Prescott since I am there every weekend but have been reluctant to do so. I may try it one of these days. Nice holster and weapon.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have OC'd a good bit in Prescott without issue. We visit friends there regularly who are correctional officers at the local juv detention center. OC is not "common" but neither is it rare enough to be noteworthy to most people.

I've also OC'd extensively in Golden Valley, Chloride, Kingman, etc. My only comment re carrying in AZ is that case law is very confusing regarding what is "open" and what is "concealed." If you have a recognized CCW, then carry away any way you like (except in bars/restaurants with alcohol) :cuss: If you don't have a CCW, be very sure that your "open" is OPEN.

Regards,
Bob

GWbiker

imported post

Sorry to wander off topic but, does anyone actually live in Chloride?

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yes, there are people who live in Chloride. About 150, IIRC.

We have visited there for the St. Patrick's Day parade a few years on our way to Laughlin for our annual anniversary trip.