Thread: If they feel threatened?

Post imported post

My sister in law says I've gotta be careful cause if someone feels threatened by me carrying a gun that I would have to put it away, if they let me know they feel threatened by me. Any truth to this?

Post imported post

Nope. Just smile and tell them to walk it off.

Post imported post

Not unless she means to stop waving it around like a madman and holster it instead.

Post imported post

The law reads "warrants alarm for the safety of other persons," and it's been ruled by our state supreme court that simply openly carrying is not something that "warrants alarm," in a reasonable person.

It may "cause panic," but that's not enough to arrest you. Although a lot of people have been harassed by the police on this board, those who have followed through with a complaint have generally received an apology and additional training for the officers involved.

Post imported post

the same law also states "at a time AND place"

read the pamphlet carefully, print one off, and carry it with you at all times:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/8552.html

Post imported post

BigDaddy5 wrote:
    The law reads "warrants alarm for the safety of other persons," and it's been ruled by our state supreme court that simply openly carrying is not something that "warrants alarm," in a reasonable person.
    Is there a link where I can find info on that ruling just for my own knowledge?

Post imported post

zakst1 wrote:
    BigDaddy5 wrote:
    State v. Casad
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    zakst1 wrote:
    BigDaddy5 wrote:
    State v. Casad
    Excellent. Thanks