Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait Times on CCW

Post imported post

I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW? I have heard a few horror stories in nc that it can take around 90+ days. Let me know what i can expect

Post imported post

year and a half ago, took me 10 days to get sheriffs interview and 77 days later, permit in hand.

I am hearing now that some are on a wait list out to Aug. just to get into sheriffs office here in guilford county.

Post imported post

What do you have to do in the interview?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
    I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW?
    I don't think a single state names their gun carry permit a "CCW." I recommend folks stop using the term "CCW" altogether - it is not useful and confuses those new to the gun rights issue. Try to use the proper term for the state in question - genericly, I think the best term to use would be "concealed handgun permit."

Post imported post

The only notorious county that I know of that will make you wait up to 90 days to give your legislated right, the North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit (NCCHP), is Durham county. Me being a Correctional Officer had no bearing on this issue, so I did not get a rubber stamp unlike police officers and deputy sheriffs.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Interview may be incorrect terminology. the visit consisted of fingerprints and paperwork, no question/answer session.

Post imported post

HA alright I was thinking about getting my CCW- this is the term I prefer so get over it. Anyways, when I saw interview i was thinking great now its questioning why i need liscense to carry.

Post imported post

in nc, chp (concealed handgun permit) is the correct term. ccw can refer to any weapon whereas, nc only deals with handguns.

Post imported post

It took 43 days for a CHP renewal in Arlington Virginia.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Post imported post

Orange county as of fall 2006: about 48 days.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    burninsteeda04 wrote:
    I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW?
    I don't think a single state names their gun carry permit a "CCW." I recommend folks stop using the term "CCW" altogether - it is not useful and confuses those new to the gun rights issue. Try to use the proper term for the state in question - genericly, I think the best term to use would be "concealed handgun permit."
    Ahem. excuse me but please check the Missouri endorsement. It simply states CCW until such and such date either on a drivers license or non drivers ID whichever you decide to have.

Post imported post

Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office

Drop off 5/29 - Pick up 7/17

Under 60 days

-R

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

It took79 days in Person County between the date I applied for it and the date it was issued. Application - 1/12/07, Issued - 4/01/07.

Post imported post

It took about 6 weeks to get mine here in Mitchell County.

Post imported post

It took them 96 days in Guildford County to issue mine from the date of application. It was two months to the next available appointment just to apply. There is only one lady processing the entire county here, and she is swamped unbelievably. My own experience was partly due to this, and partly due to the fact that she had gone on a two-week vacation and her replacement was being severely negligent in his/her duty. It had actually been approved nearly a month earlier than I recieved it, but her temp merely didn't bother to inform me or anyone else during that time period.
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats

Post imported post

I'm taking my CHP class on the 26th of april... I'm glad to hear more people are getting them, but it sucks that it takes so long here in NC. Some states it only takes 15 mins... some 15days... Just another example of North Carolinas ridiculous gun laws.

Post imported post

Goldsboro----I dropped off mine on 1 April. Got it back on 5 may. Not too bad I guess, but I liked being stationed in GA better (all Active Duty military can conceal carry with possesion of their military ID).

Post imported post

60 days in Randolph County

Post imported post

DURHAM COUNTY:

MARCH 8 TURNED APPLICATION IN

MAY 29 STILL WAITING....................

Post imported post

Robeson County, took my Concealed Carry Class on 4/26/08 Finger Printing 06/03/08, Still waiting. Issued 6/15/08

Post imported post

DURHAM COUNTY:

Finally got mine in 90 days.

Post imported post

i know this is the NC board, but i'll let you guys know how long it takes to get my NC permit once i move....

i can tell you that when i was living in norfolk, va, i got my permit in 1.5 weeks - VA kicks butt in that respect - turns it around really fast.

Post imported post

I took my training certificate to theCumberland County Courthouse and was told to return in three days. It was waiting for me when I returned. The nice lady even asked if I would need any permits to purchase as they would take the same amount of time to process and I could pick them up with my permit.

Post imported post

raeford is been 1 month nothing yet

Post imported post

Meck. County is booked till september. tack on another 50 days or so for backround check and you might get your permit as a Christmas present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast