• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wait Times on CCW

burninsteeda04

imported post

I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW? I have heard a few horror stories in nc that it can take around 90+ days. Let me know what i can expect

p85

imported post

year and a half ago, took me 10 days to get sheriffs interview and 77 days later, permit in hand.

I am hearing now that some are on a wait list out to Aug. just to get into sheriffs office here in guilford county.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW?
I don't think a single state names their gun carry permit a "CCW." I recommend folks stop using the term "CCW" altogether - it is not useful and confuses those new to the gun rights issue. Try to use the proper term for the state in question - genericly, I think the best term to use would be "concealed handgun permit."

Custodian

imported post

The only notorious county that I know of that will make you wait up to 90 days to give your legislated right, the North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit (NCCHP), is Durham county. Me being a Correctional Officer had no bearing on this issue, so I did not get a rubber stamp unlike police officers and deputy sheriffs.

p85

imported post

Interview may be incorrect terminology. the visit consisted of fingerprints and paperwork, no question/answer session.

burninsteeda04

imported post

HA alright I was thinking about getting my CCW- this is the term I prefer so get over it. Anyways, when I saw interview i was thinking great now its questioning why i need liscense to carry.

p85

imported post

in nc, chp (concealed handgun permit) is the correct term. ccw can refer to any weapon whereas, nc only deals with handguns.

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
burninsteeda04 wrote:
I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW?
I don't think a single state names their gun carry permit a "CCW." I recommend folks stop using the term "CCW" altogether - it is not useful and confuses those new to the gun rights issue. Try to use the proper term for the state in question - genericly, I think the best term to use would be "concealed handgun permit."
Ahem. excuse me but please check the Missouri endorsement. It simply states CCW until such and such date either on a drivers license or non drivers ID whichever you decide to have.

Kivuli

imported post

It took them 96 days in Guildford County to issue mine from the date of application. It was two months to the next available appointment just to apply. There is only one lady processing the entire county here, and she is swamped unbelievably. My own experience was partly due to this, and partly due to the fact that she had gone on a two-week vacation and her replacement was being severely negligent in his/her duty. It had actually been approved nearly a month earlier than I recieved it, but her temp merely didn't bother to inform me or anyone else during that time period.

ChrisM

imported post

I'm taking my CHP class on the 26th of april... I'm glad to hear more people are getting them, but it sucks that it takes so long here in NC. Some states it only takes 15 mins... some 15days... Just another example of North Carolinas ridiculous gun laws.

lastlaugh

imported post

Goldsboro----I dropped off mine on 1 April. Got it back on 5 may. Not too bad I guess, but I liked being stationed in GA better (all Active Duty military can conceal carry with possesion of their military ID).

GGOLD7211

imported post

DURHAM COUNTY:

MARCH 8 TURNED APPLICATION IN

MAY 29 STILL WAITING....................