• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wait Times on CCW

boygenus69

imported post

i know this is the NC board, but i'll let you guys know how long it takes to get my NC permit once i move....

i can tell you that when i was living in norfolk, va, i got my permit in 1.5 weeks - VA kicks butt in that respect - turns it around really fast.

davewhite

imported post

I took my training certificate to theCumberland County Courthouse and was told to return in three days. It was waiting for me when I returned. The nice lady even asked if I would need any permits to purchase as they would take the same amount of time to process and I could pick them up with my permit.

jeffreywt

imported post

davewhite wrote:
I took my training certificate to theCumberland County Courthouse and was told to return in three days. It was waiting for me when I returned. The nice lady even asked if I would need any permits to purchase as they would take the same amount of time to process and I could pick them up with my permit.
Why would you need purchase permits if you just got a NC CHL?

spidah

imported post

Orange County..waiting since April!!! Just called and was told they are waiting on the records to come back from the Mental health check. I'm not that crazy!!!Such is life in The Peoples Republic...

Colt1991

imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
I know it isnt really the purpose of the group,but I am just curious. How long did everyone have to wait to get there CHL/CCW? I have heard a few horror stories in nc that it can take around 90+ days. Let me know what i can expect
I got my permit60 days after fingerprinting and filling out the application. My wife's took another week because they had to redo her prints. The officer taking our application said she wished everyone carried a gun (she didn't specify open or concealed).:)

charliehustle10

imported post

Buncombe county.....applied June 25th, got the call August 18th, less then two months was a lot shorter then I thought it would be.