• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to store my firearm???

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
There is no way in hell I am going to carry a firearm illegally concealed for one and secondly against campus regulations. There is no reason for it because getting caught just isn't worth it. Yes the system sucks right now, but I'm a law abiding citizen, so I will just have to wait until I am allowed to CC legally and also for campuses to allow CC on campus.
The only thing I carry is a small kershaw pocket knife(under 3" blade as per college and high school regulation).

This post reminded me of something Jeff Knox, of The Firearms Coalition, said at the VCDL meeting last night - semantics are important. We should not be asking schools to allow something; we should be demanding they stop disarming students. We are not always as careful with our words as we could be.

You are allowed to CC legally if you are over 21 and have a permit. You are not permitted to carry under school policies; there's the difference.

I fully understand you are not willing to accept the consequences of knowingly violating school policy, and I would not presume to argue with your thoughtful decision. I would, however, remind you carrying on ODU grounds is not illegal for any student, faculty member, staff member, or citizen. It is simply against their disciplinary policy.

C45P312

imported post

Who said anything about not storing guns at Bob's? If I read it right, he said there was no room, meaning all the lockers are called for?

-Carlo
Desertdoc wrote:
I dont know what idiot you talked to at Bobs but they didnt know what they are talking about. Call back ask for Steve or TJ. I know for a fact that they will store your firearm. When i thought i was going to be moving to spain this topic came up. TJ is the one that told me they do store firearms for a monthy fee. Hope this helps.